• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Thread 11/27

TexasDeac10

Alphonso Smith
Reaction score
No one seems to have started one, and the Panthers thread just isn't doing it for me.

TJ Yates in the game for Houston. Matt Leinart has gone out with a shoulder injury. Somehow, the Texans seem like the most cursed franchise in the league. They've had 4 pro-bowlers injured this year, and now they're down to their 3rd string QB.

before that last TD i was ready to call for Sanchez to be benched and for the Jets to go with Brunell. still not liking how he's playing lately. must win game against Buffalo too.

I see that Andre Johnson was made active for the game today but doesn't have any stats. Is he getting many snaps and just not being targeted, or is he just sitting on the bench?

Cheers

leinhart kept checking down to the RBs and not throwing to the WRs. Maybe different now that yates is in

leinhart kept checking down to the RBs and not throwing to the WRs. Maybe different now that yates is in

Yea. Leinart was taking the easiest throw possible every time.

Yates isn't doing much differently though. And he took a rookie penalty earlier with a horrible intentional grounding.

I see that Andre Johnson was made active for the game today but doesn't have any stats. Is he getting many snaps and just not being targeted, or is he just sitting on the bench?

Cheers

He's playing, and he's been targeted a few times, but the QBs have missed him. The Texans QBs refuse to look down field though. The drop off from Matt Schaub is noticeable.

One of the worst roughing the passer calls just now in the Texans game. Houston had two consecutive sacks to back the Jags to 3rd and like 28, but the refs bailed them out with a roughing the passer call on the second one.

JJ Watt was being blocked to the ground and grabbed Gabbert around the ankles. Reffs apparently ruled it as roughing the passer on the theory that you can't "go low" on the QB.

TJ Yates hasn't really made any mistakes, but he's clearly not ready for this league. Spends too much of his time running for his life.

Antonio Cromartie has cost the Jets this game. However, Sanchez has shown without doubt that he is not the answer for this franchise. He is so bad. So so so bad.

Antonio Cromartie has cost the Jets this game. However, Sanchez has shown without doubt that he is not the answer for this franchise. He is so bad. So so so bad.

don't try to reverse-jinx the jets right now. take that back and say sanchez will lead them down the field for the winning score

Huge swing in the Minn-Atl game. With 6:04, down 10, Percy Harvin returns a kickoff 104 yards, but Owens outsprints Harvin to tackle him on the 3. Atlanta manages to stop 4 straight runs, though I thought Harvin got in on 3rd down.

LOL at stevie johnson mocking the jets earlier and then dropping the pretty much game winning TD catch.

Back