• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Thread 11/27

did jacobs have a seizure after scoring? not sure you need to make that big a deal out of a TD that pulls you to within 21-10.

Jimmy Graham is a bad, bad man.

Is there a better TE?

Definitely not.

The success of Graham makes me wonder what other basketball players could absolutely destroy a football field. Obviously LeBron comes to mind, but really just a thick 6'6" football player who can move like someone 5'11" would be ideal.

Definitely not.

The success of Graham makes me wonder what other basketball players could absolutely destroy a football field. Obviously LeBron comes to mind, but really just a thick 6'6" football player who can move like someone 5'11" would be ideal.

To think, he's from N.C. Had we recruited him, he could've played a year of football for us.

Of course, I'm not sure Grobe would know what to do with a TE.

the Giants are LOL bad, yet somehow won enough not to get a decent draft pick. Maybe they can at least get rid of coughlin

Not sure why Phillips felt he needed to stand over Graham there.

And THAT is a taunt... Randolph style.

love victor cruz and not dancing down a million. Hopefully that kid gets himself on a decent team.

eta: watching on delay

love victor cruz and not dancing down a million. Hopefully that kid gets himself on the Panthers.

eta: watching on delay

Yeah. That was proper and I'm glad Tirico made a point of it.

And fixed above.

Poor one out for JDR. Here are the Jags first round picks during his tenure:

QB Byron Leftwich (7)
WR Reggie Williams (9)
WR Matt Jones (21)
TE Marcedes Lewis (28)
S Reggie Nelson (21)
DE Derrick Harvey (8)
OL Eugene Monroe (8)
DT Tyson Alualu (10)
QB Blaine Gabbert (10)

Some gems from SI:

Career percentage of touches that result in a TD:
Tim Tebow -- 6.0 percent
Aaron Rodgers -- 5.7 percent
Peyton Manning -- 5.5 percent
Tom Brady -- 5.1 percent
Drew Brees -- 4.7 percent

Broncos public relations: "Since 2000, teams are 223-19 (.921) with 30+ rushes and 20 or fewer passes. Since the 1970 NFL merger, teams are 30-2 (.938) with 50+ rushes and 10 or fewer passes."

...so why don't we see more rush-heavy offenses?

Broncos public relations: "Since 2000, teams are 223-19 (.921) with 30+ rushes and 20 or fewer passes. Since the 1970 NFL merger, teams are 30-2 (.938) with 50+ rushes and 10 or fewer passes."

...so why don't we see more rush-heavy offenses?

Very silly statistics.

If a team is losing and time is running out, of course they are going to start passing the ball. They would be practically giving up if they were only rushing the ball as the clock expired. I would like to know who the two teams were that lost with only 10 or fewer passes, and how the end of each game actually went down.

Very silly statistics.

If a team is losing and time is running out, of course they are going to start passing the ball. They would be practically giving up if they were only rushing the ball as the clock expired. I would like to know who the two teams were that lost with only 10 or fewer passes, and how the end of each game actually went down.

Not just that but the opposite as well. Teams with leads run the ball more to run out the clock.

Back