• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Book/Discussion Thread

Lincoln and His Admirals
Gettysburg (there is something after the colon, but don't remember the subtitle)
The Fiery Trial
The Grand Design: Strategy and the Civil War
Biography of Joseph Eggleston Johnston (5th great uncle)

Then there are a few more Lincoln ones that I don't remember off the top of my head. I'll update when I get home tonight.

ETA: I also have Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter that I got for Xmas last year haha.

Lincoln and His Admirals is good. I'd recommend Commanding Lincoln's Navy by Taaffe if that subject is of interest to you. Hopefully the Gettysburg book is Coddington's. Who's the biographer on Johnston?

Lincoln and His Admirals is good. I'd recommend Commanding Lincoln's Navy by Taaffe if that subject is of interest to you. Hopefully the Gettysburg book is Coddington's. Who's the biographer on Johnston?

Craig L. Symonds.

Lolita is one of the greatest novels ever written. The prose is absolutely beautiful. He does some very clever things with his protagonist and the way the reader is meant to feel about him throughout. Enjoy.

Just finished Cloud Atlas last night. I really, really enjoyed the read. I thought the Luisa Rey was the weakest story, but I still liked it. This was my first David Mitchell read, and I will certainly seek out his other novels.

Just walked into a Nashville bookstore and saw they were selling signed copies of Purity for the regular hardcover price. Easy buy.

200 pages left and i will be done with infinite jest.

Back