• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

Miami was apparently the first high-major after him.

RJ, we've been recruiting him for a long time as well.

Re: Overton : http://www.philahoops.com/2012/05/23/philahoops-recruiting-preps-miles-overton-another-philly-guard/

Overton wants to make his decision prior to the start of his senior season. He says he has an open mind right now, but admitted that he’d like not to go west of Chicago or south of North Carolina, preferring to stay close enough so his grandmother, Linda Overton, can come to his games.
“She’s my number one fan,” he said.
“As of right now, I just want to wait and see,” Overton said. “But if I would stay home, Philadelphia is probably the best city to stay home in. It’s full of great colleges. If I do leave, I don’t want to go too far.”

I bet he stays in Philly

Kinda seems like we're not going to lock anyone up until [Redacted] wins some games with our incoming team. We need a year like UVA had this past year.

Kinda seems like we're not going to lock anyone up until [Redacted] wins some games with our incoming team. We need a year like UVA had this past year.

Our staff is predicting between 15-18 (Chill told me as much in NYC). We're not going to have a year like UVA had this past year, which for the record was 22 wins (9-7 ACC) and an NCAA-berth.*

*though I bet we could lose by 26 in the NCAA Tournament like UVA did.

I would be shocked if we are even better than last year

Improvement should be measured by a healthy combination of both.

For board fans, yes. It would be great to see both since we'll be watching game after game. Ultimately though, we need wins to change the perception of this program especially in recruiting terms. Unless you are a die-hard fan (and let's face it there aren't a ton of die hard Wake fans), the average high school player or coach is going to be looking at our record and our track-record for the last few years. It's damn ugly.

Our staff is predicting between 15-18 (Chill told me as much in NYC). We're not going to have a year like UVA had this past year, which for the record was 22 wins (9-7 ACC) and an NCAA-berth.*

*though I bet we could lose by 26 in the NCAA Tournament like UVA did.

18 should be the floor, not the ceiling. Failure to reach that needs to mean big changes.

18 should be the floor, not the ceiling. Failure to reach that needs to mean big changes.

Obviously nobody is happy with 18 wins as our ceiling, but am I wrong in saying that most of us would be pleasantly surprised if we reached 18 wins this year, or at least satisfied with the progress made from last year?

Obviously nobody is happy with 18 wins as our ceiling, but am I wrong in saying that most of us would be pleasantly surprised if we reached 18 wins this year, or at least satisfied with the progress made from last year?

I'd be thrilled for the team. CJ and Travis deserve to win. I like to see Wake Forest win basketball games.

I'll be less thrilled that [Redacted] will be sticking around...

Back