• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

I'd be thrilled for the team. CJ and Travis deserve to win. I like to see Wake Forest win basketball games.

I'll be less thrilled that [Redacted] will be sticking around...

I agreed. It will be nice in the short term, but in the long term it will be bad because it will mean long term mediocrity.

[Redacted] isn't going to be successful at Wake Forest. It just isn't going to happen. The sooner he's gone the better.

Obviously nobody is happy with 18 wins as our ceiling, but am I wrong in saying that most of us would be pleasantly surprised if we reached 18 wins this year, or at least satisfied with the progress made from last year?

You're right. I would be pleasantly surprised - because I don't think that we are capable of accomplishing it under [Redacted]'s leadership. If the staff and the leadership of the athletic department agree then why is he still here at all?

Well, then it would seem that our staff thinks the floor is the ceiling.

:rulz:

Then it would seem that our staff thinks that a 2 win improvement over one of the worst seasons in school history (granted, not as bad as [Redacted]'s first season) is worthwhile. Despite adding what they call a game changing 7 man class.

And if that's the case, then big changes are needed.

Obviously nobody is happy with 18 wins as our ceiling, but am I wrong in saying that most of us would be pleasantly surprised if we reached 18 wins this year, or at least satisfied with the progress made from last year?

You are a fucking shill with talk like this.

"Pleasantly surprised" with 18 wins in year fucking 3 of a coaches tenure? Fuck off with a defeatist attitude like that. You are better than that, Riley. You just haven't realized it yet, my friend.

You are a fucking shill with talk like this.

"Pleasantly surprised" with 18 wins in year fucking 3 of a coaches tenure? Fuck off with a defeatist attitude like that. You are better than that, Riley. You just haven't realized it yet, my friend.

I hope and imagine that doofus is holding Bzz to the same expectations that the rest of us are, and is just hoping the players are as successful as possible. If they win 18 you congratulate the players for overachieving and fire Bzz for still being Bzz after 3 years.

I hope and imagine that doofus is holding Bzz to the same expectations that the rest of us are, and is just hoping the players are as successful as possible. If they win 18 you congratulate the players for overachieving and fire Bzz for still being Bzz after 3 years.

I am sure you're just saying that's what should happen, but, as I see it, as long as we have a winning record next season then we will be looking at year 4 of [Redacted]. We will be young, which gives Wellman an excuse to keep to not admit his blunder yet. A 3rd straight losing season for WF (and a 6th straight losing season for [Redacted]) will be hard to spin regardless of the team's experience though. [Redacted] still might be back regardless.

Someone needs to sit Wellman's ass down and have a discussion about sunk costs.

So the 2 highest returning scorers in the entire ACC play for Wake & it will be a great accomplishment to win 18 games? So that will break down to something like 10-3 OOC & 8-10 ACC. Doesn't seem very exciting. As fans, isn't this actually the best chance to be any good until the Super 7 are seniors (and likely will be the Super 3 or 4 by then)?

You're right. I would be pleasantly surprised - because I don't think that we are capable of accomplishing it under [Redacted]'s leadership. If the staff and the leadership of the athletic department agree then why is he still here at all?

Because Wellman is a pompous douche and as long as he is the AD, Bzz will be the basketball coach.

So the 2 highest returning scorers in the entire ACC play for Wake & it will be a great accomplishment to win 18 games? So that will break down to something like 10-3 OOC & 8-10 ACC. Doesn't seem very exciting. As fans, isn't this actually the best chance to be any good until the Super 7 are seniors (and likely will be the Super 3 or 4 by then)?

Considering that our total returning scoring (32.8 ppg of which are Travis and CJ) will be 40.5 ppg, it might not be too bad an accomplishment to win 18 next year. Maybe go 11-2 OOC and 9-9 in ACC and get to 20 wins?

The Wake Forest Elite basketball camp is this weekend. Hopefully we will get some reports of interesting prospects.

I've never met him so I can't comment on him being a douche, but I strongly disagree with "as long as he is the AD, Bzz will be the basketball coach."

I think he might find that his exit is concurrent, though.

Via Espn 5/31:

Wake Forest's recruiting needs
10:56
AM ET
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
RECOMMEND0COMMENTS0EMAIL

Wake Forest's highly regarded seven-man 2012 recruiting class featured plenty of size and a pair of promising point guards -- including ESPN 100 recruit Codi Miller-McIntyre -- but ESPN Recruiting's Paul Biancardi writes that the Demon Deacons need to add some scoring punch in 2013.

Shooting guard and small forward are the two areas of need, and the Demon Deacons could address that in a big way if they can land a commitment from local standout Greg McClinton (Winston-Salem, N.C./Hargrave Military Academy), ESPN's No. 81 recruit in '13.

Biancardi lists Miles Overton (Chester, Pa./St. Joseph's Prep), ESPN 100 Davon Reed (Princeton, N.J./Princeton Day), ESPN 100 Kameron Williams (Baltimore, Md./Mount. St. Joseph's) as three shooting guards who could fill the need for the Demon Deacons.

Back