• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Very proud of the boys for fighting to a game 7, this team plays with such heart and grit. Winning that Cup last year has made Ovi an insufferably cocky and whiny player. He used to be one of my favorite players but this season he has been pretty obnoxious. Can’t wait for the fireworks on Wednesday! Go Canes!

My unconditional love for Ovi aside: he's pretty well-respected around the League and is a neutral fan-interest because of goal-scoring ability and his passion. But that 'passion' can turn sour quickly: his slash was so dumb, and his ref mocking was petulant. He was clearly pissed after his [rightfully] disallowed goal.

I had a great time at the game last night. You can't beat playoff hockey.

Is that coverage or puck drop?

I think that's supposed to be puck drop.

Dallas moves on. Nashville and Winnipeg were overrated all year I guess.

Seems like a transitional year in hockey with the powers of the last 5-10 years getting brushed aside. TML and Canes certainly have the opportunity to continue that trend

Umm... is anyone else watching this batshit Sharks-Knights game? Sharks down 3 with 10 left in the third and Pavelski gets absolutely annihilated after a face off by two Knights players and Ekin gets the boot and the Sharks get a five minute major. They go on to score 4 goals during that penalty to take the lead 4-3 with 5 minutes left. Never seen anything like it in my life.

I’m with you. Was that close to turning it off. Never seen anything like this.

Last 10 minutes of that period were totally nuts

So you guys are saying I made a mistake going to bed at 1-0 after P1?

Back