• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

There's an article going around on Facebook saying that Lucas will donate almost all of the 4,000,000,000 to charity

That would get Obama to release his college records. Trump, take note.

There's an article going around on Facebook saying that Lucas will donate almost all of the 4,000,000,000 to charity

it's in Disney stock. Wow! Some charities are going to be real happy. Ray Kroc gave Salvation Army $1.5 billion.

Variety reporting Jamie Foxx is in talks to play Electro, the villain in Amazing Spider-Man 2. Foxx then tweeted yesterday:

@iamjamiefoxx
Dressed up as Electro for Halloween last night. Costume fits well.

Star Wars 7, 8, 9 were, canonically speaking, the Timothy Zahn trilogy of books. I'm going to highly doubt Disney will make those the basis for the movies, it's not exactly Disney-ish. Still, I actually have a little more faith in Disney than Lucas for stewardship of the franchise. If the worst they do is add in cloying, useless characters created with toy sales in mind, well I've gotten used to that.

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/sorry-timothy-zahn-fans-the-new-star-wars-movies-wont-be-using-his-stuff-nadam.php

Officially no Thrawn Trilogy. According to a LucasFilm source, the next 3 films are based on completely original story treatments written by George Lucas himself.

Darth Vader Goes to Disneyland.

Darth-Vader-goes-to-disneyland.gif

"This may, may 2015, get ready to see your childhood curb-stomped and peed on all OVER AGAIN! From treatments written by George Lucas himself, Star Wars Episode VII: A new Hip"

I would have thought the $4 billion was so they could get away from Lucas entirely from a creative standpoint. I mean they have to realize the guy is a hack right? I'll try to stay cautiously optimistic because at least he will not have complete creative control, because we know what that got us from the prequels. Hopefully it will be more like the original movies, where he had much of the story input, but let others take care of script writing and film-making.

The problem with the prequels wasn't the story but the execution of the story.

Even the special effects look dated.

Back