• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

My cousin has been the camera guy for a movie with both Wiig and McCarthy. He's horrified at this choice. His direct quote when I sent him a text: "Harold Ramis is turning over in his grave."

meh, it could be funny. i didn't hate bridesmaids; just hope it doesnt do a ton of slapstick. kate mckinnon is pretty funny, IMO

meh, it could be funny. i didn't hate bridesmaids; just hope it doesnt do a ton of slapstick. kate mckinnon is pretty funny, IMO

That's the problem. Ghostbusters is an iconic film franchise. It's not something you COMPLETELY change course on. It would be like recasting Han Solo with Rooney Mara because she can play a gritty badass.

Leslie Jones is godawful on SNL. Kate McKinnon is awesome.

My thoughts exactly when I read the GB news. I watch Leslie Jones sketches for the trainwreck effect she frequently has. Will she completely forget her lines and walk offstage or will she simply stumble on them? The word is she was decent in Top 5 (I haven't seen it), so maybe she's better when she's not live.

The only way ghostbusterettes works is if the movie is legit scary which will overcome the less funny factor.

He deserves his own franchise that's original.

He already has one with GotG.

I do think we are getting dangerously close to Chris Pratt burnout on big budget series. GotG, Jurassic Park, and a potential Indiana Jones reboot? Who wants to bet on him showing up in a star wars movie soon?

Back