• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

It seems like they used the same handful of scenes to draw from for the second trailer as they did the first. I don't think we've actually seen very much at all.

agree with this. it's like the took a few seconds from several scenes for the first one. this one is a few more seconds from the same scenes. i'm ok with that since it's still early and i would probably rather go in not knowing much about it. though i'll watch every trailer the put out.

3.5 months away. That's crazy.

Some big animation news. A "Vixen" animated series was recently announced for CW Seed, the CW online platform. This marks a clear departure from DC animation on Cartoon Network after CN bungled/mishanded/screwed three promising shows in Young Justice, Green Lantern: The Animated Series, and Beware the Batman.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58392

Perhaps the most interesting information is that "Vixen" will be an animated spin-off of "The Flash" and "Arrow." "Vixen" will be set in the same universe and crossover with both series:

Marc Guggenheim: It's a great deal of fun, I have to say. I always love working in different mediums. We're going to do basically an animated spinoff. It's going to center on Vixen who, for me, I came to know as a former member of the Justice League.It's a six-part origin story, but characters from "Flash" and "Arrow" are prominently involved. It's in the continuity and the world. There's actually a question I've been getting on Twitter a lot, "Is Oliver going to find out that Felicity kissed Barry?" That's actually going to happen in the "Vixen" cartoon. Part of the fun is that close cohesion.

1-1434e.jpg

The other thing is, it's a strong African-American hero who's, like I said, a former Justice Leaguer. It's set in Detroit, as a nod towards those Justice League [Detroit] stories. It's done with the same love of the source material that we bring to everything.
Two of the writers on the project, Keto Shimizu and Brian Ford Sullivan, are every bit as geeky as I am, so look for all the things hopefully you've come to know and love from "Flash" and "Arrow" in "Vixen": the Easter eggs, winks, the nods and the cool action.
One of the things we can do in animation is really push the envelope in a way that we can't on either of the two shows. So there's a much larger production value. We're taking advantage of the animated form. That's the other reason to do it.
Could this potentially lead to the character being seen in live-action?
We always say "never say never," and if the character resonates with people, that would be wonderful. I would love to be in a position where CW said to us, "Hey, we want a 'Vixen' live-action show." That'd be wonderful. We'll have to sort of see how things play out. But our goal really is to produce the highest-quality animated series. We want people to come to this who don't normally watch an animated show. We really want fans of "The Flash" and fans of "Arrow" to go to CW Seed. We really tried to approach it the same way we approach a pilot.

Marvel kicking off their lead up to Secret Wars next Tuesday.

B7PgWWmCAAE8ZkK.jpg:large

For those who have been reading comics lately...the stories have been getting downright bizarre. I'm a little behind (haven't gotten to AXIS yet) but Spider-Verse and Original Sin/Avengers has me like :tard:

This movie is going to make so much money.

Oh yeah. Let's put it like this. Avengers had a $207M opening weekend. That's incredible in itself. Biggest opening weekend of all-time, even adjusted for inflation.

The three movies before that (IM2, Thor, and Cap) made $128M, $66M, and $66M respectively.

The four movies since Avengers (IM3, Thor 2, Cap 2, and GotG) made $174M, $86M, $95M, and $94M. The sequels had 36%, 30%, and 44% over the prior movie. I don't think it's far fetched to estimate a $300M opening weekend for Age of Ultron. That would be a 45% bump.

All while canceling comic series and killing characters they don't own the rights to. That's called having fuck you money. Marvel wouldn't have dreamed of this fifteen years ago.

For all of Disney's revenue streams, ESPN accounts for about 50% of their profits.

They shouldn't have spoiled that, him acting as a Deus Ex would have been badass, akin to Han coming to aid Luke in IV.

They shouldn't have spoiled that, him acting as a Deus Ex would have been badass, akin to Han coming to aid Luke in IV.

Well, since it's all rumor until confirmed by Marvel, take all this with a big 'ol grain of salt.

Probably a member of the Dora Milaje. You can see another member in the lower right corner in the clip of Thor getting electrocuted. That pool of water is the same one Thor pops out of in the first trailer.

Interesting.

With all of the Black Panther hints could it be Shuri?

I wonder if it could break the record for highest grossing of all time (Avatar at ~$2.8B, or, adjusted for inflation, Gone With the Wind at ~$3.3B). The first Avengers movie grossed $1.5B, for reference. I haven't been this excited for a movie in a really really long time.

Agent Carter was pretty good again this week.

Not much else to say about it. It doesn't feel like a show that's going to generate a ton of discussion, despite its quality.

Peggy Carter is one of the standout characters in the MCU. She's been given far more depth than we usually see especially for women characters. She's tough as nails but not a hardened soldier.

Back