• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

Or we can just sit on our hands and continue our descent into a second world fascist oligarchy. The investor class shitlibs are probably cool with that though, they’ll fine. Hell I’ll be fine. But I actually care about people less fortunate and more marginalized than myself.

You have a pension. You're one of those investor class people whether you admit it or not.

You have a pension. You're one of those investor class people whether you admit it or not.

C’mon man. That’s like saying you’re working class if you have a job. And it’s far from the point.

What’s your solution Pop?

Do nothing and remind those uppity blacks and youths to know their place.

Really?
"Find the schools where they send their kids and the workplace of their families."
Then what??
How about voting the douche bags out of Office.
Like I said, nothing said on this thread surprises me.

Really?
"Find the schools where they send their kids and the workplace of their families."
Then what??
How about voting the douche bags out of Office.
Like I said, nothing said on this thread surprises me.

When their kids and family members are forced to live in fear of violence like hundreds of millions of others do because of their legislation, then maybe things will change. It’s time for our GOP elite to feel the consequence of their actions. Nothing I just called for is presently illegal.

Voting doesn’t change much these days. The system is beyond broken. You only can change it through aggressive action. I mean honestly, that’s always been America. Things have to get ugly for change to occur.

It’s not about making it easier for the State to get convictions. That’s a lawyer perspective.

It’s about making it harder for people to get away with murder by introducing common sense.

For example, it doesn’t make sense for someone to claim self-defense by saying someone could have taken their gun.

The disparities amongst the conviction rates that you referenced earlier, in my opinion, have little to do with the way the laws are written, are far more to do with the fact that the judges and juries on those cases are predominantly white.

Get more diversity amongst the judiciary and take away preemptory challenges during jury selection, and I believe that will have a far greater impact on attempting to narrow that gap.

Literally the only reason this became a deadly situation is because the stepfather goes to get a gun.

Hasn't even been arrested yet.

Fuck this shit.

Hard to sympathize with the killer here if the dad showed up for his court-ordered time with his kid.

According to the article, the killer wasn't the stepdad, but the married dude with whom the mom was having an affair.

Hard to sympathize with the killer here if the dad showed up for his court-ordered time with his kid.

According to the article, the killer wasn't the stepdad, but the married dude with whom the mom was having an affair.

Wait, so the dude who fired the shots didn't live at the mom's residence? He was having an affair with her?

It appeared the guy at the house was a married guy having an affair with the ex-wife. The guy that got shot was trying to get his kid for court appointed custody time, the kid wasn’t at the house, wasn’t in the car (think that was another kid). Completely fucked up but like brasky said he will walk free.

no even screams or runs or anything. chick just starts yelling at this fucking murderer

The dead guy said he’d take the gun away from the shooter and kill him. Shortly thereafter the dead guy grabbed the gun barrel.

So seems like a reasonable argument for self defense.

Of course there appears no imminent threat or danger of harm until the shooter goes and gets his gun and introduces into an obviously emotionally charged encounter. But that’s probably not illegal…yay ‘murica.

I mean if I’m on the jury I’d see that video and be yeah just go ahead and get a rope and let’s string that fucker up.

The fact that he’ll walk free proves that we’re beyond rational dialogue. If thousands of murdered school children wasn’t gone to change anything, this sure as hell won’t.

Back