• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

The father has no right to enter the exes home without invite, whether his kid is in there or not. If your ex won't surrender the kid as agreed to, you call the sherriff.

How does anyone have a “right” to withhold a child from their parent. If the court mandated his rights, that’s that. Fuck the ex’s house.

I can relate to that video about as well as I can relate to someone who truly believes Trump is a good Christian, self-made man of the people, and really did win the last election in a landslide.

Regardless of the initial altercation, dude gets plenty of space between them and is like nah fuck backing up I'm just gonna execute this guy. Unbelievable. Gotta think military PTSD or something, zero issue taking a life. Then there's the dead guy - I mean, nut job comes out with a combat rifle in like 2 seconds and you're like ok, lemme jack up this situation about 5 more levels, threaten him and grab his gun... Assuming you actually value your life, how do you lose all sense of the level of jeopardy you're putting yourself in? This is just insanity at every level.

Shooter's gonna miss out on his congressional medal though, victim wasn't a minority. Which sounds ridiculous but actually might be true.

How does anyone have a “right” to withhold a child from their parent. If the court mandated his rights, that’s that. Fuck the ex’s house.

You would not believe how incredibly fucked up family court stuff is.

Just to be clear - he was threatening to work within the bounds of the law when the killer came back out with his weapon and escalated the situation.

I never said otherwise. Just stating something many people may not understand when it comes to custody matters and split parenting. You never take matters into your own hands, especially when you are the father and the system is skewed heavily against you. You produce the custody agreement to a Sherriff and have them get the other parent to comply.

I wonder if the mother bears any civil liability for failure to produce the kid, which led to the shooting.

You're right. I just wanted it to stay clear for other posters who were surprised at the actions of the father.

That is a different issue - I am talking about self defense laws and what they say/mean. You are talking about police shootings that they justify as addressing a threat which may or may not have existed. Some of those situations are egregious and certainly there should be consequences - often there are, but sometimes there aren't. Some of those are miscarriages of justice - which are terrible - but I am not talking about those.

My real point is that the Rittenhouse verdict is not a hill you want to die on - the facts and the evidence, at a minimum, create a real doubt as to whether he was reasonable in his belief that he was acting in self defense - and, taken in the light most favorable to the defendant, establish a clear case of self defense.

I just think this is a stupid case to be protesting about. The other examples y'all bring up and that have happened over the past few years are much worse - many are terrible.

Our point is that we do not want to die on any hill. People should be carrying around assault rifles and they certainly shouldn't travel to protests where emotions will run high with deadly weapons. People died as a direct result of his horrible decision-making. He should face consequences for that. He shouldn't be a rightwing hero.

Are you really awake and posting at 3:19 a.m. on a holiday arguing about an argument people might make in the future (but haven't)?

Says the guy who spends a ton of time on a sports message board for a school he didn’t attend using a political name that mocks a specific other poster.

It's weird to mock when other people post. People like him are always trying to control other people. It's wired into conservative DNA to tell people how to live their lives and shame what they don't like, especially things that have no impact on anyone else. Part of BKF's turn to conservativism was obsession about how people post.

Last edited:
It's weird to mock when other people post. People like him are always trying to control other people. It's wired into conservative DNA to tell people how to live their lives and shame what they don't like, especially things that have no impact on anyone else. Part of BKF's tun to conservativism was obsession about how people post.

There is no doubt JH is a weird dude.

Conservatives: the government can't tell a private citizen what to do about anything. Until we're in power!

Conservative “freedom” and “liberty” is the freedom to dictate to other people how to live and to shame, maim, or kill people those who resist. That’s why Kyle Rittenhouse is a hero to them. That’s why military spending is a sacred cow.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, back on the topic of "ongoing gun violence/injury thread": shooting at a mall in Durham a few hours ago. New Durham police chief is pissed, says "it has to stop". Good luck with that; you'll need it.

Empty words from the police until they get behind gun reform.

Meanwhile, back on the topic of "ongoing gun violence/injury thread": shooting at a mall in Durham a few hours ago. New Durham police chief is pissed, says "it has to stop". Good luck with that; you'll need it.

Greensboro and Durham both have had a major problem with violent crime and murders this year.

we got off topic?

There is no doubt JH is a weird dude.

I went back and looked at the post he quoted. I’m pretty sure he was anti-Trayvon Martin and has consistently been anti-Black victim here and in the police violence thread. It’s not a stretch that he would have been anti-Arbery without the special set of circumstances that led to this verdict.

Does "special circumstance" = I can't find any way to justify THIS ONE so I'll concede and it can be the exception that proves the rule so I continue my world view.

Our point is that we do not want to die on any hill. People should be carrying around assault rifles and they certainly shouldn't travel to protests where emotions will run high with deadly weapons. People died as a direct result of his horrible decision-making. He should face consequences for that. He shouldn't be a rightwing hero.

I mostly agree with all of this but it had nothing to do with the murder case against him. People shouldn't be carrying assault rifles around and they certainly shouldn't travel to highly-charged protests with deadly weapons, but, it was perfectly legal for him to do so. I think that is a dumb decision and certainly wouldn't do it myself but it doesn't make him a murderer. And I certainly don't consider him any kind of hero, I consider him a dumb, impressionable teenager.

Who's mother should be ashamed of herself. Driving your son to a highly charged confrontational event with riot conditions at times. Instead, she owned the libs and her shitbird idiot son is a hero.

Back