• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

More specifically, every little sister needs to carry a gun to defend herself against her big brother.

Looks like I got my answer. Only a troll revives a dead thread with 4 posts spread out over 20 hours with only one post in between.

My apologies for not keeping up with your rigorous posting schedule. It is summer, so I prefer to spend my time outside, rather than atrophying behind a keyboard...

Felons absolutely buy guns from legitimate sources EVERY day. They can buy them from private sellers anywhere, any time. To say they can't is a lie.

I didn't say anything about ID's. All I said you have to register to vote and to own a car. Registering to buy a gun in no way keeps you from "keeping and bearing arms" Well, unless you are a criminal.

In each of these you support protecting criminals' ability to get weapons.

So felons break the law already with regards to possessing firearms? No way!

Care to share a link supporting how felons are buying firearms from your "legitimate sources"?

Funny, the Dems could have supported Tom Coburn's proposal regarding private sales and background checks, but alas, they could not, as registration was not part of it. Thus, it seems that the Dems priority in this matter is not safety at all, but registration...

Carolyn McCarthy is the gift that keeps on giving...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U

Diane Degette is even better...

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22971620/inaccurate-remarks-gun-magazines-put-rep-diana-degette

So felons break the law already with regards to possessing firearms? No way!

Care to share a link supporting how felons are buying firearms from your "legitimate sources"?

Funny, the Dems could have supported Tom Coburn's proposal regarding private sales and background checks, but alas, they could not, as registration was not part of it. Thus, it seems that the Dems priority in this matter is not safety at all, but registration...

Carolyn McCarthy is the gift that keeps on giving...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U

Diane Degette is even better...

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22971620/inaccurate-remarks-gun-magazines-put-rep-diana-degette

Glenn Beck?

My apologies for not keeping up with your rigorous posting schedule. It is summer, so I prefer to spend my time outside, rather than atrophying behind a keyboard...

it's not just the body that atrophies ;)

And what exactly is the big bad left wing coalition doing with all these names they have? Cracking down harder on them for being gun owners? I don't get the big picture there. What's the motive? Where's the story?

And what exactly is the big bad left wing coalition doing with all these names they have? Cracking down harder on them for being gun owners? I don't get the big picture there. What's the motive? Where's the story?

Once they get the list, they're coming for your guns.

Being afraid of a gun registration list is like being afraid of the monsters under your bed or the boogeyman. It's irrational and moronic.

At least most of those who worry about monsters under their beds are 3-6 and grow out of it.

so, we all just made a big fucking deal about the NSA's internet monitoring but we're cool with gun owner registration; got it

There's absolutely NO difference between car registration and gun registration.

It's lunacy to think gun registration would negatively impact gun ownership. Well it could stop "private sellers" from selling their weapons to felons. Of course that would be a bad thing. If the guy you're selling your Glock to says, "I'm not a felon", that should be enough.

Who cares if you just armed a killer? You got your cash and the evil government doesn't need to know.

There's nothing in the Constitution that says gun registration is wrong or illegal. In fact, it's much more logical that the Founders would have expected it to be OK. Having a gun registry would have made forming a local militia far more efficient.

The concept of fear of government confiscation or knowing what guns you have is ludicrous. The idea that not knowing who has what would stop the government from attacking you is as antiquated as taking a covered wagon to get from the east to the west.

so, in your world, having a big list the Crown could've consulted would've been better for the colonial militia?

The Crown had been excised by that time. The militias were used to protect our country. That was their purpose. So yes it would have helped our new country.

Today it's irrelevant other than to stop crime. If the government wants to kill you, they can and you won't even know about it until it's too late.

The concept that having guns keeps the government honest in the 21st century or that having guns would stop a military takeover of the US is nonsensical.

The Crown had been excised by that time. The militias were used to protect our country. That was their purpose. So yes it would have helped our new country.

Today it's irrelevant other than to stop crime. If the government wants to kill you, they can and you won't even know about it until it's too late.

The concept that having guns keeps the government honest in the 21st century or that having guns would stop a military takeover of the US is nonsensical.

I still don't understand why the General Assembly didn't change the rules to allow for guns in the legislative building.
A) They have a right to protect themselves as do visitors. You never know when one of those marauding gangs of gun-wielding felons will show up.
B) It would help keep the government honest.
C) It would deter those morons from protesting on Mondays.

Last edited:
Then there is no reason not to have a registry. Having a registry and 100% background checks (with serious penalties for not doing them) will lower the number of guns sold to those who shouldn't have them.

I still don't understand why the General Assembly didn't change the rules to MAKE guns MADATORY in the legislative building.
A) They have a right to protect themselves as do visitors.
B) It would help keep the government honest.
C) It would deter those morons from protesting on Mondays.

FIFY

Then there is no reason not to have a registry. Having a registry and 100% background checks (with serious penalties for not doing them) will lower the number of guns sold to those who shouldn't have them.

RJ do you want a gun registry that is available to the public or just government officials? There would be big problems IMO it was available to the general public

Back