• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

My grandma is always packing. She's also a fucking lunatic who drives a hummer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/29/u...llification-boundary.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — Unless a handful of wavering Democrats change their minds, the Republican-controlled Missouri legislature is expected to enact a statute next month nullifying all federal gun laws in the state and making it a crime for federal agents to enforce them here. A Missourian arrested under federal firearm statutes would even be able to sue the arresting officer.

Didn't we fight a war about this a long time ago?

"(CNN) -- A 1-year-old boy was shot and killed as his parents pushed his stroller across a Brooklyn street Sunday evening, New York City police said.

The shooting came two days after a Georgia jury convicted an 18-year-old man of murder in the shooting of a 1-year-old baby in a stroller in the coastal city of Brunswick."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/01/justice/new-york-baby-shot/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Just to make that last one clear: this is not the first time this year that a baby in a stroller has been shot dead in the US?

i actually had a friend do that one time in an apartment no less. i showed him a 380 and he pulled the trigger. the difference was he is a grown man and i didn't keep a round chambered. could have easily killed/injured someone in an adjacent apartment. children don't have a monopoly on stupidly pulling gun triggers.

i also knew some other guy who had a gun and it did go off in a similar situation. totally luck of the draw it didn't hurt anyone.

probably the prime directive of gun safety is treat every gun as if it is loaded until and unless you have personally checked the chamber, every time you pick it up, no exceptions. unfortunately in this country guns are easily accessible to all kinds of children and adults who haven't the first idea of how to be safe with them.

A man was fatally shot in the head when his neighbor's 12-guage shotgun accidentally discharged through a shared wall while he slept

Investigators found that Camese was involved in a domestic abuse incident with an unidentified woman over the weekend and 911 had been called to the building.

When questioned, Camese revealed that he had taken a 12-guage shotgun to bed with him out of fear that the family of the woman with whom he had the dispute would come to harm him.

He’d placed the borrowed firearm on his bed, pointed toward the wall and claims it accidentally discharged when he pulled the bedcovers over himself.

Not surprised that CNN just discovered bump fire. Paying $6K for a belt fed bump fire AK borders on the bizarre...

Something I'll have to think about if I ever get in a situation like that. You can't just assume people will act as good Samaritans when you're black. Definitely can't expect the police to help you.

The police have no obligation to help you. Check out Castle Rock v. Gonzales SCOTUS case.

Back