• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Yes. 2 to 1 is basically the same as 1 to 0. So easy.

The exponential time difference between 2 and 3 is staggering. You just do not have time for anything but kids and work. When someone asks me what I am doing for a weekend, it consists of a list of birthday parties, pick ups, soccer games, bball games, play dates etc. Just crazy.

Oh, and Congrats Hal. Nice work. Good friend of mine delivered his 3rd in a pepboys parking lot after his wife could not make it to the hospital.

There will be no 3rd child for me. Nor obviously for bmoney and his cold, dead penis.

So we had the baby girl this morning. Woke up at 4:55, got to Forsyth at 5:15, baby was born at 5:25. Adrenaline rush, for real.

Too early for scotch?

holy wow - good thing you live close! congrats!

I am seriously jealous. I want a minivan.

Congrats Hal!

I grew up in a minivan owning family so am not against them as a lot of my friends are. My parents still own one (despite their kids being 27, 30, and 33) and it's a nice one. I look forward to owning one some day...perhaps whenever (if ever?) kid #2 comes along.

Its pretty bad ass, I'm not going to lie. In order to afford it, my in-laws have a car that no one uses and is paid for. It is a 2004 Buick LeSabre, and is in mint condition with less than 60,000 miles. That beast will be my daily driver. Eat your heart out, America.

2004_buick_lesabre_limited_north_aurora_il_98351598911402075.jpg

I like my Odyssey and won't apologize for it. It handles better than my Camry did and is super comfortable, especially for trips.

Suck it, Haters.

Thanks for the congrats, btw. Mom and baby are both doing great.

one of the highlights of our last ice climbing trip in new hampshire was the SWEET minivan we rented (odyssey) and J's excitement about driving it. "The Man Van."

I want a Honda Odyssey so damn bad. Might have to pull the trick of renting it on a trip so the wife can see how sweet it is

I drove the wood paneled Plymouth Voyager in HS, could put 6 cheerleaders in there.

I want a Honda Odyssey so damn bad. Might have to pull the trick of renting it on a trip so the wife can see how sweet it is

Yeah, we borrowed my parents' Odessey when we drove down to Charleston and everyone that drove it was like, this is awesome and so much better than we thought it would be.

I drove the wood paneled Plymouth Voyager in HS, could put 6 cheerleaders in there.

Drove my family's white Nissan Quest in HS for a little while. Called it the Space Shuttle. Loved it.

So we had the baby girl this morning. Woke up at 4:55, got to Forsyth at 5:15, baby was born at 5:25. Adrenaline rush, for real.

Too early for scotch?

Congrats! And holy shit.

So sounds like you were able to go! Weren't you worried about a baby sitter or was that someone else?

Back