• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Our 14mo old prefers mom. It's not too frustrating until wife wants me to [insert parental duty] and baby freaks out and wants mom. Then I freak out because it'd be easier for wife to do it, then wife freaks out that I don't help with baby.

Text from wife: "K's diaper was so bad I just threw up. Literally."

Pretty much the only time I'm glad to be at work.

my little dude seems to prefer this old mexican man that sits in a building entryway a few blocks away selling chiclets and asking for coins. the man is very nice and has really taken to the boy, showing him the various coins in his cup and making funny faces and such.

So far the Bug has been pretty equal opportunity in her affections and/or nonchalance. She's pretty chill in general, so she's mostly fine with whoever's feeding her, reading her a book, putting her to bed, getting her up, etc (we trade off bedtime and morning routine and the other person walks the dog, so she does most things equally between us). The only thing where she really shows a preference (and it swings back and forth between the two of us) is brushing her teeth - like one of us will be trying to brush her teeth and the other will be doing dishes or something, and she makes a fuss until the other one comes over to brush. It's kind of amusing (and a bit annoying).

For my son, when I am home, it's "Daddy turn." Since my wife is at home with him all day, she is fine with that. My girls have always been pretty equal opportunity. Although, my middle child will be quick to point out that I am easier on #1 and #3. Which may be true, but they also do ALOT less shit to get in trouble.

Eh, does your bad day at work usually entail feces and vomit? Tough for that to be outgunned by the email server running on a 2 minute delay.

The boy prefers mommy, but he did survive for like a year by sucking on her titty, so I don't take it personally. He likes me too and he probably follows direction from me better than mom, so we're cool.

Not to mention mommy has titties in the first place. Much better for snuggling. My boys are the same way. Every night we rotate who puts them to bed and the one with me is usually complaining about not having mommy.

When is it just too late to send out birth announcements? They're getting sent no matter what but how embarrassed should we be? HTTD Jr is 6mo.

3.5 months. He smiles at me now. :heart:

2hqse80.jpg

Last edited:
When is it just too late to send out birth announcements? They're getting sent no matter what but how embarrassed should we be? HTTD Jr is 6mo.

If they don't know already, you probably don't care about them.

the 2 1/2 yo boy prefer mom. at bed time he always wants mom but usually i can get him to stop complaining and get over it. he is more needy toward his mom than he is with me as well. it rarely bothers me since it's nothing personal. the 5 yo daughter is closer to 50/50 "it's dad/mom 's turn tonight" etc. however, she probably does favor me. when she was about 18 mos old she went a few months of extreme mommy attachment. that was tough on both of us because mom could not do anything without her wanting to be picked up/fussing etc. i was away for 4 nights and when i came back she pretty much was broken of that and really happy to have me back. it's been daddy's girl ever since. during that time my wife asked if it upset me that she favored her so extremely. my response was "it's ok because when she turns 13 she will hate you and like me." the look of disappointment-dread on her face was priceless.

This all very interesting. I have a fear that I'm either going to hate my child or they will hate me.

Is spanking still a thing?

If you are lucky enough to have a daughter, she will likely hate you when she reaches the glorious teenage years. After that, when she is out on her own, it gets much better.

Back