• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

The one on the right is thinking… We are barely a few months old and we already got him to buy a minivan and a Buick… This is going to be easier than I thought

������

She's right!

You wouldn't believe the number of ladies today that have told us how jealous they are of how quick it all went down. I think they just don't fully grasp the situation. Yeah, if you're already in a hospital bed before you start and you end in 30 minutes? Awesome. Starting 15 minutes away from the hospital? NOT AWESOME.

One of the lasting memories from today will be when we got off the elevator and went to be admitted. They were trying to ask her boring admission questions when she was standing there having a multiple-minute contraction, where at the end, she said loudly, "THIS BABY IS COMING RIGHT NOW AND I CANNOT STOP IT." That's kinda terrifying, but soooo much worse if we had still been en route.

Which, btw, props to the nursing staff at Forsyth for recognizing that this was really happening and doing away with all formalities, getting her on a bed ASAP. There were about 6 or 7 nurses who all converged at the same time, including 2 who I saw sprinting down the hall with a cart. Really great job by those folks.

Was this your first child or second or third. The first doesn't usually come anywhere near that fast, but you hear lots of stories about how quickly the others squirt out.

Nevermind, I see it was the third.

Just saw a pregnancy announcement which identified the names of the other kids: Kai, Auz, and Nox

My husband's cousin & her husband like unusual names. First kid was Constantine. They are not giving him a nickname. Second kid is due this spring. They know it's a girl & have chosen Xena Alexandria. Poor kids.

My friend is Latvian and her first kid is Teodoris Lacis (goes by Teo). She just had a little girl yesterday and her name is Zile Kalla (pronounced Zee-lah).

My favorite part of all of the Billy on the Streets is when he comes across someone named Arrow and flips out.

Baby HH

10978639_10100285126301473_8829060698290117615_n.jpg

So, my neighbors were incredible when my wife went into labor and the day after, taking care of the kids and making food and what not.

I want to get them a gift, like a gift basket or something similar. Anyone have any good ideas for a thank you gift? (family of 5, normal folks)

So, my neighbors were incredible when my wife went into labor and the day after, taking care of the kids and making food and what not.

I want to get them a gift, like a gift basket or something similar. Anyone have any good ideas for a thank you gift? (family of 5, normal folks)

Booze and a meal for the family. A night off of cooking would be nice.

Just found out we are having a boy. So pumped. We both thought it was going to be a girl. Seems much more real, now that we have a gender attached to the little person.

Ughhh baby has started grinding his teeth. Worst sound in the world.

Our 11 month old started doing this about a month ago. It is physically painful for me to listen to. Has gotten better after peaking about 2 weeks ago, but still happens from time to time.

Another one of the many things that nobody tells you about... So when it happens, you are about 100% sure something is wrong.

How long did this typically last? I'd like it to be over now, please. He only has 2.5 teeth so I'm hoping he gets used to them and is over it.

Back