• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

:( So sorry to hear that for you both. Lots of good vibes, and a hug for all.

Sorry ITC, tough news. Prayers for you and your wife.

Hard to make eye contact when your baby is twisting and contorting on the changing table and you’re just trying to keep all the poop contained and unsmeared. But maybe her kid is nicer?

I always ask my (soon to be) 2 year old about changing her diaper. Then she says no, laughs, and tries to run away. Then I reach out with an arm, grab her around the waist as she tries to run by me, and pin her down.

The whole process takes at least twice as long as it should.

But it is nice to know that I am fostering a culture of consent before forcing her to the ground.

im not sure i would count it as asking permission but we've always told/explained what we were doing when we change our daughter's diaper/clothing/move her. i never thought of it as anything other than being a decent human in a position of power imposing their will.

Speaking of diaper changes, where should one focus their eyes when their 20 month old mashes his penis and balls while smiling / laughing and gets a tiny erection during a diaper change, and when you ask if you can put his diaper back on he says "no!"

Look him in the eyes? Look at his junk? Avert gaze out the window?

:laugh:

Yeah, just wait till he starts going through a box of Kleenex and a bottle of hand lotion per week.

When ours was 2 1/2 he ran in the room, dropped trow and yelled "ta daaaaa! My penis!" And ran out.

Yeah I spoke too soon. Just today, my kid dropped her pants and underwear in the middle of a restaurant to scratch an itch.

I wish Netflix, Amazon, and the like had a “hide this show” option so I could hide the ones I don’t like or that kid shouldn’t watch so he doesn’t see them and ask about them.

My kid’s language has become more foul and more disrespectful since watching the Captain Underpants Movie. Were any parents involved in making that film?

Happy Mother’s Day all the lady parents out there!

At least Netflix can do a kids profile. Would be better if you could set parameters but logging in to amazon they can see everything.

My kids saw the underpants movie with their aunt and uncle. Thanks Jack asses.

Back