• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Yeah. Mine saw it at our friends’ house with a babysitter while we all went out for a couples date night. When we got back, my boys immediately started saying poop words. We were like “seriously?” to our friends and one says, “The movie has never been a problem for our kids” in a non-dickish way.

I'll echo the Happy Mother's Day and include women like leebs that do a lot of work but don't always get the credit they deserve.

(Realize ph was including them. Just wanted to make special mention in case someone out there feels a little left out of the festivities)

You’d think Amazon got enough complaints about “I Love Dick.”

deaconson, obviously I only meant natural birth biological stay at home moms only.

I'll echo the Happy Mother's Day and include women like leebs that do a lot of work but don't always get the credit they deserve.

<3

thanks. I feel conflicted about saying I should be somehow be recognized on Mother's Day, because I'm not their mother... but it does feel like there's enough room in the world to throw a little appreciation to folks who are mom-ish.

You’d think Amazon got enough complaints about “I Love Dick.”

deaconson, obviously I only meant natural birth biological stay at home moms only.

It's science. You can only care about and care for children that live with you if they came out of your own hooha.

<3

thanks. I feel conflicted about saying I should be somehow be recognized on Mother's Day, because I'm not their mother... but it does feel like there's enough room in the world to throw a little appreciation to folks who are mom-ish.

You deserve it. Once you (specific and generic) make the commitment to be in a child's life, you deserve the respect due for caring for, and loving, that child. You should not have to ask for the celebration with your commitment.

Yeah. Mine saw it at our friends’ house with a babysitter while we all went out for a couples date night. When we got back, my boys immediately started saying poop words. We were like “seriously?” to our friends and one says, “The movie has never been a problem for our kids” in a non-dickish way.

It's actually a pretty hilarious movie.

Glad I’m not the only one that laughed at the fart orchestra performance.

Quasi-related rambo sharted last night and I wish I had a picture of his face the instant he realized I’ve made a huge mistake.

No. Just no. And especially not over and over on a 4 hour car ride. No.

I want to publicly thank SC Deac and calideacon12 for their input on some special ed questions I had about a month ago on this thread. It's been a arduous ordeal getting through this process, mostly because the process involves documentation of my daughters many emotional problems by the school, but yesterday we met with the psychometrist and the principle etc, and all agreed that she needs and IEP. I think when she threw a chair and ripped a post off the wall, because she was unable to finish a math test in the allotted time, it was a turning point for the school realizing that these were not isolated socially induced incidents she's been having. Anyway, SC Deac and calideacon12, your insight was reassuring and helpful, thank you very much.

Great news. Being on a path to provide her better care has to be a relief.

I want to publicly thank SC Deac and calideacon12 for their input on some special ed questions I had about a month ago on this thread. It's been a arduous ordeal getting through this process, mostly because the process involves documentation of my daughters many emotional problems by the school, but yesterday we met with the psychometrist and the principle etc, and all agreed that she needs and IEP. I think when she threw a chair and ripped a post off the wall, because she was unable to finish a math test in the allotted time, it was a turning point for the school realizing that these were not isolated socially induced incidents she's been having. Anyway, SC Deac and calideacon12, your insight was reassuring and helpful, thank you very much.

So glad to hear they are on board with giving her the extra support! I hope the support and accomodations make a positive impact for your daughter! Sometimes the special ed process can be pretty maddeningly slow but thats just the nature of public schools with the regulations and funding issues that virtually all public schools deal with.

Our district is currently providing lots of training and trying to figure out how to deal with what seems like a large increase in middle and high school kids dealing with major anxiety. For many years we didn't even have counselors at most elementary campuses which is just absurd. Now every elementary school in our district has at least a part time counselor thank goodness

good to hear Birdman! This sounds like a good step for your daughter and I sure hope it helps!

Lachy the purple wiggle looks just like Dennis from It's Always Sunny, and now I have a hard time letting my daughter watch the Wiggles.

My son has blown through a million episodes of Super Wings recently. It's not as good as Octonauts, but I appreciate the diverse cultural and geographic topics.

My littlest lady turned 1 today; crazy how fast the years seem to go when kids enter the picture.

Back