• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

TA's also make like $17k/year, so they are a great value. In places like Wake County, TAs must be "highly" qualified," which means a 4 year degree. So to get someone with a 4 year degree typically in something like early childhood development but no license for 17k, is a damn good deal.

TA's also make like $17k/year, so they are a great value. In places like Wake County, TAs must be "highly" qualified," which means a 4 year degree. So to get someone with a 4 year degree typically in something like early childhood development but no license for 17k, is a damn good deal.

TA positions are also a way to get teachers in the door. Many then transition to being teachers on lateral entry licenses.

So the only perk left to being a teacher in NC is gone. RIP educated Utes. Well except for the one's with rich parents.

It sucks to see my home state transforming into a shithole.

I can't hold it against any young teacher who decides to GTFO

So the only perk left to being a teacher in NC is gone. RIP educated Utes. Well except for the one's with rich parents.

It sucks to see my home state transforming into a shithole.

I can't hold it against any young teacher who decides to GTFO

My wife. After five years of being a damn good teacher, she's done. Sucks for the kids and State but she has literally zero incentive to teach anymore. On to a job that pays better and appreciates her more. Four principals in five years, increased class size each year, split TA, and ridiculous performance measures for teacher and student.

I'm very happy for her (and us).

My wife. After five years of being a damn good teacher, she's done. Sucks for the kids and State but she has literally zero incentive to teach anymore. On to a job that pays better and appreciates her more. Four principals in five years, increased class size each year, split TA, and ridiculous performance measures for teacher and student.

I'm very happy for her (and us).

NC or TX?

11709604_1032787233400882_7599617910454019912_n.jpg

All of that so Trudy Wade can get ... what exactly? I have no idea what she thinks this bill is going to accomplish. So much wasted time and effort on something that nobody but Wade wanted, needed, or asked for. Except those elusive "business leaders" she say asked for it, none of which have been willing to make their names public.

Back