• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

Is there a right tooth paste for dogs? Vet said to brush them some during week to remove some plaque but was out of whatever brand they use.

Is there a right tooth paste for dogs? Vet said to brush them some during week to remove some plaque but was out of whatever brand they use.

We use an orange tube that we buy from petsmart.

I've never used a toothpaste/brush but rather I use treats designed for teeth cleaning. They're no longer produced but I swore by Chew-Eezes for the longest time. Now I switch between numerous dental or chew items. Never had canine dental work for any of my Goldens.

I've never used a toothpaste/brush but rather I use treats designed for teeth cleaning. They're no longer produced but I swore by Chew-Eezes for the longest time. Now I switch between numerous dental or chew items. Never had canine dental work for any of my Goldens.

Yeah well I have Shi-Tzu's and they can be picky as hell. One will eat them but the other won't touch it and due to that had 3 teeth pulled last time out. Vet cleaned his teeth but said to follow up with some brushing as the teeth are so small.

I'll look for the orange tube at petsmart wakegal referenced.

Yeah well I have Shi-Tzu's and they can be picky as hell. One will eat them but the other won't touch it and due to that had 3 teeth pulled last time out. Vet cleaned his teeth but said to follow up with some brushing as the teeth are so small.

I'll look for the orange tube at petsmart wakegal referenced.

Just check in your nightstand.

8a6505396e890e32379a55c1ee313f91.500

Have any of you had issues with your dogs heart worm pill? Our vet changed ours a few months ago and every time we have 2+ days of diarrhea. I'm calling the bet in the morning but am wondering if others have had this issue.

I've given sweet Ellie pumpkin, which is helping matters. She kept me up all night last night because she has to poop every two hours.

Have any of you had issues with your dogs heart worm pill? Our vet changed ours a few months ago and every time we have 2+ days of diarrhea. I'm calling the bet in the morning but am wondering if others have had this issue.

I've given sweet Ellie pumpkin, which is helping matters. She kept me up all night last night because she has to poop every two hours.
Which one is it? I've used a few different ones but I always use the combo of flea/parasites & heartworm prevention (I use Trifexis for my dog, but my bull terrier foster is supplied with Advantage Multi and my previous greyhound fosters used the topical Revolution). I've not experienced any problems with any of them but I've read a few stories of Trifexis being tough on some dogs. I've also read about Sentinel and a huge shelter in Columbia, SC swears by it but I've never used it.

Definitely a good call on contacting your vet. Another option is that you might possibly be able to get something that coats the stomach to prevent irritation and/or doggie pepto bismol. I had some for my last dog due to different medicine that upset his system.

Which one is it? I've used a few different ones but I always use the combo of flea/parasites & heartworm prevention (I use Trifexis for my dog, but my bull terrier foster is supplied with Advantage Multi and my previous greyhound fosters used the topical Revolution). I've not experienced any problems with any of them but I've read a few stories of Trifexis being tough on some dogs. I've also read about Sentinel and a huge shelter in Columbia, SC swears by it but I've never used it.

Definitely a good call on contacting your vet. Another option is that you might possibly be able to get something that coats the stomach to prevent irritation and/or doggie pepto bismol. I had some for my last dog due to different medicine that upset his system.

It's interceptor. Our dog is a herding dog. It all makes sense now. I talked with the vet and they are switching her.

I just got this information from the vet: Studies have shown that the Collie breed and other herding dog breeds may be more sensitive to elevated levels of Milbemycin and more likely to have adverse reactions including coma and death. If you are concerned, discuss the safety of Milbemycin with your veterinarian. Some forms of Milbemycin are flavored with pork extracts and may cause a food allergy in sensitive pets.

Last edited:
Girlfriend and I got this cutie from the Rescue League. Her name is Luna and she's 7 months old. A beagle/dachshund mix.

2vsowlh.jpg

epj5z5.jpg

She's not afraid of anything other than the occasional garbage bag being opened and squeaky toys. Doesn't care when it's thundering out, doesn't care when loud noises pass by, and was rated a 1 out of 36 on the fearfulness scale by the rescue league who said she's one of the least scared dogs they've ever seen. She's really friendly with people and is still learning to socialize with other dogs. Super hyper when she's not sleepy but once she starts to get tired she just drags - also sleeps a ton.

Didn't take her long to get comfy on the couch. Super cute!

Back