• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

5DgyLXc.jpg

Picked up my new foster dog today. He is heading to a shelter in Maine at the end of the month so we only have him for 2-3 weeks.

pi3kNqj.jpg

Picked up my new foster dog today. He is heading to a shelter in Maine at the end of the month so we only have him for 2-3 weeks.

pi3kNqj.jpg

I should have cropped this. He is obviously very excited to be leaving the animal control kennel.

Last edited:
In need of positive vibes for Henny. She ate a sock Monday and had to have emergency surgery yesterday to remove it. She's still at CVS in GSO and they called earlier today to let us know that they were keeping her for a day or two longer than previously expected.

53e4b7a25a42f1a3dcaf1e4245e7fa53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soooo... I just went to the bathroom to piss and I left the door open because it's my house. Well mid pee one of my new precious babies decides to jump into the open toilet bowl. So she jumps into pee while I'm pissing on her. Good times.

In need of positive vibes for Henny. She ate a sock Monday and had to have emergency surgery yesterday to remove it. She's still at CVS in GSO and they called earlier today to let us know that they were keeping her for a day or two longer than previously expected.

Damn, keep us updated.

Sorry to hear that. Hope that she recovers quickly

Do all shelters off foster programs?

Not certain, but I guess not all. some don't need to because they have sufficient space to house the animals they have. It is also not an ideal rescue strategy because it is hard to adopt out dogs and cats that are living at some one's house. It is much harder to get the dogs and the prospective adopters together etc. Here in Alabama, all the shelters are over crowded and fostering is the only way to save these dogs, or they are constantly putting them down. Sucks. Our shelters actually ship dogs to places like New Hampshire, Minnesota and Maine, where there are apparently dog shortages; my new forester is headed to Maine in 2 weeks to a no kill shelter.

Yeah, when we were looking for a dog it was consistently the practice up here for groups to brig dogs up from SC and TN and foster them up here while waiting to be adopted.

Damn, keep us updated.

Thanks for the vibes. The vet says she's doing better today. Her blood work looks much better and while she's still not eating she's "showing interest in it." They're letting my GF visit with boiled chicken to see if that helps at all. If everything stays on this trajectory, she'll be home with us tomorrow evening. Fingers crossed.

My new kitties are my favorite things

Yeah same. They just discovered yesterday they could jump on the kitchen counter. They started by hopping on the trash can then the counter. So we moved the trash can, but they quickly discovered they didn't need it.

Back