• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Pet Thread

Mine have not yet made it to the counter. One got on the trashcan and was thinking about it, so we moved it. It's only a matter of time though. One of them keeps walking on top of the banister on the second floor and I'm terrified that she's going to fall down to the first, but there's nothing I can do about it. Kittehs gonna kitteh.

I was never much of a cat fan but lived with a couple for a year (roommates' cats) and they were pretty chill. My girlfriend would probably get one, but I'm allergic so I'd have to get some shots or something (if they even work).

Had the new dog for two and a half months and she's a lot of fun. She's starting to find her voice though and is terrible with the crate. She has started barking at everything that goes by outside if she can't see exactly what it is. Also will bark if she wants to play, or eat, or do anything. Gotta get some training down on that.

Mostly she's just cute and fun though. Knows she doesn't get to sleep in the bed and will frequently jump down when we go to sleep and get on her own pillow, loves to play with other dogs, and generally learns really quickly. Definitely a handful at times.

TLDR: Dogs rock, cats are fine.

Yeah same. They just discovered yesterday they could jump on the kitchen counter. They started by hopping on the trash can then the counter. So we moved the trash can, but they quickly discovered they didn't need it.

My kittehs made popville today

My girlfriend would probably get one, but I'm allergic so I'd have to get some shots or something (if they even work).

FWIW, I was cray allergic to cats before I started living with one. It was rough for the first couple of months and I was popping Benadryl like candy, but after that my body adjusted and I'm not allergic anymore.

I finally got the roommate's cat to ride on my shoulders - she does it all the time w/ the boy roommates, but has taken longer to warm up to me (probably because I frequently refer to her as "Damn Cat" with disdain as she darts under my bed right when I'm trying to go to bed/close my room up). We had a moment, it was nice, but I'm still not sold on cats.

All of the cuteness are belong to us

c59adcffdbc68b690ff1bba2805a1c3e.jpg

We are taking one of our cats to a homeopathic vet on Friday. I have mixed feelings about it but he has been having issues with his paws for a while now and the steroids and changes out usual vet recommended haven't helped. He appears in pain when walking and especially when jumping down from a couch or bed, so want to try something new to help him out.

Anyone have any experience with homeopathic vets? Or with cats that have what our vet has described as "squishy paw syndrome"?

My foster dog, Roger, is heading off to Maine today. He has been a great dog, I am really resisting the urge to try and convince them to let me keep him... but I have 3 other dogs already, two over are over 14 years old and are turning into special needs geriatric cases. So many dogs, so little time.

We've had a rough past few weeks. Henny fully recovered from her surgery, but the day after her staples were removed, our Bean Sprout had seizures in the morning and we had to make the tough decision to say goodbye after the vet discovered a brain tumor.

Mr. Beans was an amazing little guy. He was really good at burping, throwing up and catching it before it hit the floor, cuddling, and being an all around bomb ass dog. It's been three days since he's been gone and while each day gets easier, I'll never get over this one.

f4de88c3e1fcbc014c1054ca395690a2.jpg

e124227ef631371797deb907af32495d.jpg

8f842a71e892aef22eb60e62f10fd6a1.jpg

feff6cc30cb8d612a0bfdc662c52f926.jpg

56e27f1002e11044254b987349049a88.jpg

fdb6632259f4d9dd326dc82f90a77a22.jpg

Sorry to be such a downer in this thread lately. Hold your furbabies tight and cherish everything they do, good and bad. You'll never know when you'll have to say goodbye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sucks. I'm sorry for your loss. Just remember the good times!

The double tongue out pic reminded me of one my wife took last night with Felix. Dogs truly are the greatest.

14519911_951077656323_5925441553053375142_n.jpg

The picture with your tongue out is pretty adorable. You should get that framed. I made a little shadow box when Winston died with his collar and paw prints. I wish dog years were just a little longer.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, we're definitely going to get a picture blown up and framed (we're getting his ashes and paw print soon).

Mount Tabor Animal Hospital was awesome btw. They sent us a condolences card that absolutely wrecked us yesterday. Just amazing people there.

Henny, who the GF has had her entire adult life, is 13 so Beans was going to be our bridge when she went. It's been tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back