• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

There aren’t many comparable celebrity deaths. Someone as famous and young as Kobe dying in an accident, not drugs or suicide. Basically Princess Diane.

Not the same. Closer to Thurman Munson.

With the Sodomy thing though, in this case it was oral sex. Do people really think of that as sodomy? Cause when I think sodomy I think forced butt sex. I guess I don't know what I think I call forced oral in my head. But yes, Kobe seemed like a grade A asshole his entire life. Still, as ph says, biggest death to me since Diana.

I'd equate Kobe more to JFK Jr. than Princess Diana. It seems like recency bias has some of you forgetting just how famous Diana was and the globally ubiquitous obsession with her. No way Kobe was at that level.

With the Sodomy thing though, in this case it was oral sex. Do people really think of that as sodomy? Cause when I think sodomy I think forced butt sex. I guess I don't know what I think I call forced oral in my head. But yes, Kobe seemed like a grade A asshole his entire life. Still, as ph says, biggest death to me since Diana.

looks like the definition of sodomy is any non-vagina sex. consensual or otherwise. God hates anything but the vag, guys

I'd equate Kobe more to JFK Jr. than Princess Diana. It seems like recency bias has some of you forgetting just how famous Diana was and the globally ubiquitous obsession with her. No way Kobe was at that level.

I'm not a Kobe fan and I think the hero worship is over the top, but he's definitely more on Diana level than JFK Jr level.

Kobe at least accomplished things in his life. JFK, Jr., not so much.

I don’t think people appreciate how big the NBA is globally, especially in Asia.

I don’t think people appreciate how big the NBA is globally, especially in Asia.

Plus Kobe grew up in Italy, named after Japanese beef, was a two time Olympic gold medalist and had global appeal on his own.

sure but to be fair kobe banged whoever he wanted

Even if they didn't want it.

giphy.gif

Pixar went hard with sequels in the 2010s because they ran out of unique ideas around 2010. Brave, Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, and Coco were the only original Pixar films in the decade. All of them went into development in 2010 or before.

I’m sure Onward is a fine movie but I have no desire to see it and I’m a huge Pixar fan.

Pixar went hard with sequels in the 2010s because they ran out of unique ideas around 2010. Brave, Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, and Coco were the only original Pixar films in the decade. All of them went into development in 2010 or before.

I’m sure Onward is a fine movie but I have no desire to see it and I’m a huge Pixar fan.

When rjkarl engages you, it’s best to make one last post and then walk away

Animated movies are in development for years before coming out. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that 4-6 years after Disney bought the studio, the slate became filled with more sequels and fewer original ideas. Disney wanted to make that paper and sequels are lower risk.

Back