• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Mother's Basement HOT STOVE Offseason Thread

Also on Fowler, his road splits include a lot of games in cavernous ballparks since he plays in the NL West.

also just realized hannigan fits the shelton special profile to a t. so we nabbed a shelton special and a hickey hopeful in one move today. love it.

I'm liking adding Salty, need middle infield help, stat, have SP to give.

sent from my Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Good point. Doesn't wRC+ account for this, though?

I think so, but if you're looking at wRC+ the argument isn't "he can't play away from Coors" but "he plays better at home than on the road," which you'd hope will carry over to his new home.

I think so, but if you're looking at wRC+ the argument isn't "he can't play away from Coors" but "he plays better at home than on the road," which you'd hope will carry over to his new home.

Oh, I was looking at it only to say that he's bairly an above average offensive player. wRC+ of 106, 122, and 106 the last three years. Age 27 year now though, so who knows?

Aaaaaand Heyman is reporting that the Yankees are close to signing Ellsbury to a deal larger than Carl Crawford's.

Aaaaaand Heyman is reporting that the Yankees are close to signing Ellsbury to a deal larger than Carl Crawford's.

This is like Johnny Damon all over again. Hopefully he's crappy Ellsbury

Oh Jesus Christ, Ellsbury

You think this affects Cano at all? Looking less likely he stays.

7 years @ $153 million total with an 8th year option pushing it to $169.

Yeeeeeeeesh

Seems like they're the only team interested in paying so much.

derek jeter's contract will pay for itself. it's like arguing a team made a bad signing for the 25th man.

the yanks are going to destroy any previous offseason records for spending this year. cano and kuroda are locks. i'm betting they get at least 3 of garza, choo, ellsburry, drew, etc.

welp

99% chance he stays with Yankees

Hate to see Ellsbury go to NY, but that is a massive overpay for an outfielder on the wrong side of 30 with little power.

Saw just a minute ago that the Sox paid Ellsbury $21 million in salary for his six full seasons in Boston. The Yankees will pay him that much for next season alone.

Back