• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Hip-Hop thread

has their been any discussion of DJ/Producers in this thread? off the top of my head in no particular order these are several of the producers whose beats helped to turn me on to Hip hop in my middle school days:

Primo
Flash
Alchemist
Jazzy Jeff
Jam master Jay
Kid Kapri
Scott Storch
Just Blaze
RZA
Neptunes
Dre
Kay Slay
Kay Gee

from 1992 Juice (phenomenal movie):

Last edited:

there is a version of this song where kanye has a verse, but the word "classic" and kanye west do not go together in the same sentence. Frankly, even Nas barely makes the cut to have a verse with the likes of rakim and KRS.

https://theundefeated.com/features/on-the-fifth-anniversary-of-kendrick-lamars-good-kid-m-a-a-d-city-california-athletes-reflect-on-the-epic-sing-about-me/

Very cool feature about good kid m.a.a.d city, including this story about Aaron Afflalo.

Lamar and Afflalo knew of each other, even if they didn’t run in the same crews. Aside from being a star athlete, Afflalo was the school’s biggest supplier of music. “If you heard [50 Cent’s] ‘In Da Club’ coming from a car stereo in Compton in 2003,” he told The Players Tribune, “there’s a really good chance that CD was burned by Arron Afflalo.” Business was so booming that teachers and students alike flooded him with requests ranging from Marvin Gaye to The Hot Boys. One student in particular made an appeal for Jay-Z’s 1996 debut Reasonable Doubt. That classmate was Kendrick Lamar Duckworth, who would eventually become a seven-time Grammy winner with 22 nominations.

Damn. That's hot. Hadn't heard it in years. Early Kayne was so good.

Back