• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Hip-Hop thread

Nas is a lyrical genius
Genius is a website with lyrics
Nas is the intellectual architect of Genius

Couple of dudes at work tried to argue today that Eminem is the best rapper of all-time. I mentioned that I think Kanye's better than Eminem and they thought I was crazy.

One of the dudes also tried to talk up B.o.B. today, but still, wat.

my understanding was that nas was involved with bringing about genius, but apparently i'm trippin'. dunno where i got that info.
eminem is a great rapper, might be best freestyle artistor in battle, overcame reverse racism and has always been humble about his accomplishments. he's no. 5 on my top five for me. he openly says he got his main style from treach, tho.

Last edited:
"Overcame reverse racism?"

yeah, early on he got a lot of shit for being white in those dungeon battles as he was seen as an outsider and not often welcomed. obv. racial discrimination cuts both ways. today when african americans i dont know ask me who the best all time was/is i say tupac, and they just assume i've heard the song changes and seen him on rolling stone cover. almost as if to say wtf would some white suburban kid know of rap music or hip hop culture.

and more often than not they'd be right about most white people. i listen to white people talk about rappers like wayne, drake, tec-9 all the time. their heuristic is usually correct.

but yes imo eminem broke racial barriers.

Last edited:
^ absolutely, kweli and common and roots i'm betting ur down with all those artists. u got geat taste. mos def's black on both sides is one of my fav albums...no need to skip tracks on classics like that.

switching gears, not hip-hop, but still formative:

cameo-word up...i like the 2nd verse even if it is a diss to rap music:

Last edited:
new Young Thug is great:

I commented on fb on Friday about DAT NEW LORDE and like three different bros threw shade at me because "it's EBBTG season"

anyway I've only listened to it once at this point but yeah it's pretty good

Back