• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Hip-Hop thread

been listening to a lot of 90s albums, had forgotten about this song until listening to life after death.

When biggie references "the D's" wonder what he means?

You should check out Genius, dmc.

Are you into anything more recent or are you one of those 90s or bust guys?

do you have any Genius examples you particularly like? An artist who i was recently told about was Dee-1, but i haven't had a chance to hear his songs.

I think the 90s were the best time for hip-hop, but i'm always open to new sound, i just don't like where technology has taken things and think there is less creativity and talent now than there was back then

and yeah 2nd verse in Miss You is defs a reference to detectives now that u mention townie. the first could be as well though i took it to mean deaths...maybe means both.

ahhh right. well hey man no need for the name calling!!

just looked at the webpage...awesome...now that I know what D's means i'm gonna go get to the bottom of some rather challenging counting crows lyrics. Should also be mad interesting to see what people think about Dave Matthews lyrics.

it's not hip hop but it has rapping!

Last edited:
Saw Isaiah Rashad on Friday. Dude rapped his ass off, went nonstop for almost 90 minutes.

Good show.

No serum can cure all the pain I've endured
From crack to rap to back to sellin it pure
For every record I potentially sell in the store
It's like Mecca to the dealer that's sellin it raw

I had to fight my whole life
I could beat you up even if you had 1,000 knives
Even if you had infinity knives
I would punch you up into the air like a kite

Back