• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

Also, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he did that at a copy place. Saul has a strong connection to Chuck and copiers from the end of season 2.

Also, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he did that at a copy place. Saul has a strong connection to Chuck and copiers from the end of season 2.

Good point.

I think Jimmy went in to the copy place interview "legit." He played it straight and got a "we will get back to you in a week" which he quickly understood to be a no. As he is walking out, Slippin Jimmy took over and he turned around and went back in. The entire scene was a microcosm of his internal struggles on this show. He wants to be good and he wants do things the right way, but he just....can't. And seeing the figurines is just too tempting. We are moving closer and closer to Saul.

I think Jimmy went in to the copy place interview "legit." He played it straight and got a "we will get back to you in a week" which he quickly understood to be a no. As he is walking out, Slippin Jimmy took over and he turned around and went back in. The entire scene was a microcosm of his internal struggles on this show. He wants to be good and he wants do things the right way, but he just....can't. And seeing the figurines is just too tempting. We are moving closer and closer to Saul.

Good take!

Not that I was particularly a fan of Arturo, but that was a pretty rough way to go out.

I thought the copy place scene was great, and a perfect pairing with the following Kim scene. The whole interview was hollow to begin with - he was a caricature of himself, like when he and Kim were scamming people at the pool. A big part of Jimmy's character is that he's constantly underestimated and labeled as a bullshitter and nothing more when he's actually smart as hell and incredibly good at reading people. He's just keeping himself occupied so he doesn't think about how he killed Chuck all day - he knows he's better than that place, smarter than those idiots, would never sell copiers... He has zero interest in the job but can't stomach the idea of those guys rendering some kind of judgment on him. So he goes back in, makes the decision for them, rips them to shreds, and later finds a new angle to exploit because they're in the "weak and pathetic" category. They're suckers, he's a wolf dressed like a used car salesman.

Right after that you see Kim with a similarly perfect murder-by-words exchange with Howard - but she's a sucker as well when it comes to Jimmy. He'll end up destroying her too somehow.

^^^^ Further proof you guys are smarter than me.

Can someone refresh my memory on the figurine?

^^^^ Further proof you guys are smarter than me.

Can someone refresh my memory on the figurine?

didn't one of his elder clients collect them? and I thought I read somewhere her name was Alma, which is the name of the wife of the founder of the copier business.

IIRC, one of the early old bags he worked with collected the same kind of figurines. Her "estate" was her giving the figurines away.

"Better Call Saul" Season 4 premiere Monday (August 6)

IIRC, one of the early old bags he worked with collected the same kind of figurines. Her "estate" was her giving the figurines away.

Yeah. That’s it.

DC, that’s a great breakdown.

On Arturo, fitting that Gus would use perhaps the cleanest way possible to execute someone.

Question about Madrigal. It’s a huge company. Lydia is pretty high up on the chain or at least she was or will be. Does Gus report or her or vice versa?

Last edited:
Yeah. That’s it.

On Arturo, fitting that Gus would use perhaps the cleanest way possible to execute someone.

Question about Madrigal. It’s a huge company. Lydia is pretty high up on the chain or at least she was or will be. Does Gus report or her or vice versa?

I always saw her as more of a liaison between Gus and the boss at Madrigal. She's corporate and Gus tells her stuff that is going on, but she isn't his boss. It's probably an extra layer of protection for the CEO of Madrigal. He wants to be tied with a drug dealer about as much as Gus would want to be seen with a guy on the street moving his product.

Even the setup episodes are very well done. It's cool to see how some of these partnerships started even though we know exactly how they end.

Yeah. That’s it.

pretty sure she just launders money for the cartel; i mean, he basically her to deal with it re: mike

Does Madrigal oversee the whole cartel? Have we seen any connection between Madrigal and the Salamancas or anyone else besides Gus?

On the off chance anyone was as excited as I was to see Gale singing Tom Lehrer, here's an extended scene for the whole song:

Does Madrigal oversee the whole cartel? Have we seen any connection between Madrigal and the Salamancas or anyone else besides Gus?

I didn't think so. Seems like its about money laundering and easy access to the chemicals to make the meth in the super labs.

They might. There was a scene in BB where some executive in Germany fled a potential police interview and committed suicide by defibrillator.

Nobody's mentioned it yet so I will. The guy Jimmy hired for the Hummels job is the guy who owned Vamanos Pest Control in Season 5 of BB.

Back