• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Better Call Saul" series finale Monday, August 15 (new Odenkirk show on AMC)

man, that opening scene with Cinnabon Saul in the hospital and them checking his driving license was the most tense, well done scene about bureaucracy that I've ever seen.

"Well I guess that's just your cross to bear." *whistles as he gets coffee*

That was some cold blooded shit there.

Oh yeah. That was brilliant. Notice he fed the fish and made coffee hearkening back to the moments before he found out about Chuck's death.

Rewatched Ep 7 fron last season-I'd forgotten it was Jimmy who tipped off the insurance company and set that in motion. Also, Lydia's comment (Gus is so much more than a drug dealer) leads me to hope we'll get more of Gus' back story this season.

Man, it REALLY seems like Kim is going to get bulldozed by Jimmy/Saul. Sucks. She is the best person in Jimmy's world.

So becoming Saul is some sort of psychic break from learning that he is responsible for his brother's death? If so, this is kind of like Fight Club where Tyler Durden was always lurking then became prominent.

So becoming Saul is some sort of psychic break from learning that he is responsible for his brother's death? If so, this is kind of like Fight Club where Tyler Durden was always lurking then became prominent.

I'm not sure what to make of it, but I don't think it's a psychic break. I think he is relishing in humbling Howard, turning him into a groveler, and then rubbing his face in it. Surely he already knew what he had set in motion this whole time, and somehow he seems able to separate that and his brother's death. I'm thinking that he's grieving the entire time because he did love his brother on some level and has lost him and thus his only family. The bright side is he "won". Howard's disclosure was confirmation that his plan worked. Jimmy outfoxed them all. That's my take anyway, and it may very well be wrong. I'm sure Sepinwall (sp?) has something to say about it.

He set out to ruin his brother and/or HHM and succeeded. The whistling showed that he viewed his brother’s life and collateral damage. It’s a cold turn but I’m not sure it’s a psychic break. He’s had several potential turning points although not this drastic.

He set out to ruin his brother and/or HHM and succeeded. The whistling showed that he viewed his brother’s life and collateral damage. It’s a cold turn but I’m not sure it’s a psychic break. He’s had several potential turning points although not this drastic.

I think you all mean "psychotic break."

Good slow burn episode. The intro showed the paranoia with which Saul is living.

All of those intros have shown the paranoia. I’d like to see some advancement of the Omaha plot. I do realize it’s silly to ask these writers to speed up a plot after about 20 minutes. Hopefully we see the cab driver this season. The cab driver doesn’t have to be someone he knows. Saul’s face was plastered everywhere.

it was a great episode, glad to have the show back.

i don't know exactly about the change after hearing Howard talk about the insurance and the split. something definitely changed. i got the impression that it was a little bit of "i won (getting back at Chuck, by taking away what he loved most) and got away with it (Howard thinks it is his fault)". like another one of his hustles that paid off in the end. i am sure we will find out more.

Interestingly, the SS# did indeed contain O's instead of zeros, but the drivers license number did not.
saulscreen_zps09qwrnvp.png

Did anybody catch the date on the newspaper at the beginning? I searched for it Monday night and didn’t see anything.

I took the switch in jimmy to be jimmy thinking he caused his brother's death and that is some heavy guilt. He then hears Howard explain he pushed him out of the firm and believe he caused him to kill himself. That flipped the switch allowed jimmy to absolve himself continuing his "descent" into saul.

Kind of a tough episode to watch. Saul's bait and switch with the copy company was just bizarre, Kim's berating of Howard was brutal, especially knowing the truth about Jimmy's role in Chuck's death, and the dark turn for Nacho was tragic. Sad times all around.

Also, don't fuck with Gus. We all know what Victor's fate will later be.

What was that all about with Jimmy at the copier place?

Was it just Jimmy wanting to prove to himself he could get the job, but realizing he didn’t really want it/a job?

Not sure. My best guess is he figured if he could pull that and get that copy job on the spot he could get a much better job relatively soon.

Back