• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Yuck's frontman announced a couple of months back that he'd left the band and formed a new project called Hebronix. Really looking forward to this one.

@jon_bois:

rec'ing the new Sigur Ros because it's not just an e-bow and Jonsi singing "yroooooooooooo" for 65 minutes

i seriously laughed at this for a solid three minutes

Yuck's frontman announced a couple of months back that he'd left the band and formed a new project called Hebronix. Really looking forward to this one.

That sort of sucks. I really liked Yuck's album.

@jon_bois:

rec'ing the new Sigur Ros because it's not just an e-bow and Jonsi singing "yroooooooooooo" for 65 minutes

Welp I'm definitely going to be saying YROOOOO a lot at Lollapalooza now.

@jon_bois:

Townie! I walked around your city for like a solid hour last night listening to Sigur Ros. It was magical. Not even strong.

he should have looked at that sculpture area near the philly museum of art while blasting black skinhead, imo

Feargal trips over an amp and keeps singing on his back. What a pro.

Last edited:
probably my favorite yeezus review today (though CMG and TMT are both excellent)

THE NEW KANYE WEST ALBUM IS A TOUR DE FORCE POWERED BY SOUL SHATTERING BASS LINES THAT SHOULD BE TAUGHT TO EVERY AMERICAN CHILD BEFORE THEY ARE GIVEN THEIR FIRST SMARTPHONE.

WITH LESS THAN 45 MINUTES OF CONTENT, KANYE WEST HAS REDEFINED MUSIC, SCIENCE, RELIGION AND MACRO ECONOMIC POLICIES.
THIS IS A PARAGON SHIFT EQUIVALENT TO THE BREAKING OF PANGAEA 200 MILLION YEARS AGO.
THE HI-HATS ON ‘BLOOD ON THE LEAVES’ KILLED JAMES GANDOLFINI.
YEEZUS WILL FINALLY TEACH YOUR BOSS HOW TO USE GODDAMN POWERPOINT PROPERLY.
EACH AND EVERY GIDEON BIBLE FOUND IN BEDSIDE DRAWERS IN HOTELS AND MOTELS HAVE BEEN REPLACED BY A VINYL COPY OF YEEZUS.
GREEK HISTORIANS HAVE STATED THAT YEEZUS IS TANTAMOUNT TO HOMER’S DESCRIPTIONS OF THE SIRENS’ SONG.
KANYE WEST HAS MADE BOOKS IRRELEVANT.
KANYE WEST HAS MADE FARM TO TABLE DINING IRRELEVANT.
KANYE WEST HAS HIDDEN THE SOLUTION TO THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (“EEA”) CRISIS IN THE ALBUM’S LINER NOTES.
KANYE WEST HAS MORE PRODUCERS ON ONE TRACK THAN YOU HAVE PEOPLE THAT CARE FOR YOU.
JESUS OF NAZARETH TOLD FRIENDS THE TRACK ‘I AM A GOD’ HAS INSPIRED HIS PENDING COMEBACK.

I know a bunch of people heading up to Firefly Festival in Delaware today....so I'll continue with my summer festival schedule series. I'll try and through EDC in the EDM thread too but that's gonna be much, much tougher.

http://fireflyfestival.com//#lineup_schedule.php

Friday
1:45 - 2:15 JC Brooks and the Uptown Sound
2:15 - 3:00 Wild Belle
3:00 - 4:00 Django Django
4:00 -5:00 Atlas Genius
5:00 - 5:45 Action Bronson
6:00 - 7:15 Ellie Goulding
7:15 - 8:45 The Avett Brothers (sorry Public enemy)
8:55 - 10:25 Calvin Harris (if you want to lose your hearing, Grizzly Bear)
10:30 - 12:00 Red Hot Chili Peppers
12:15 - 1:00 Krewella

SATURDAY
1:30 - 2:15 Japandroids
2:15 - 3:00 ZZ Ward
3:00 - 4:00 Jim James (wish St. Lucia was an earlier time slot)
4:00 - 5:00 Kendrick Lamar
5:00 - 6:00 Alabama Shakes
6:00 - 7:15 Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
7:15 - 8:45 Yeah Yeah Yeahs
8:45 -10:00 MGMT
10:00 - 11:55 Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
12:00 - 1:00 Big Gigantic (The White Panda for mash-ups but I'd go with the fun band-ish action here)

SUNDAY
bop around until
3:00 - 4:00 Matt and Kim
4:00 - 5:15 The Lumineers
5:15 - 6:30 Dispatch
6:30 - 7:45 Passion Pit
7:45 - 8:30 Vampire Weekend (full set til 9:15 but I want to see...)
8:30 - 9:30 Zedd
9:30 - 11:00 Foster the People

Back