• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Went and saw Warren Haynes with Jeff Sipe and others play with the NC symphony doing a tribute to Jerry Garcia.

Really good show. Reserved arrangements but they really highlighted the songwriting.

A real treat is they played If I Had The World To Give in the 2nd set which was a song off Shakedown Street that the GD only played 3 times in 1978.

Set 1: Dark Star tease>Bird Song, Crazy Fingers, Scarlet Begonias, Warren Jam, Shakedown, Standing On The Moon, China Cat Sunflower, Symphony Jam, Morning Dew.

Set 2: Mission in the Rain tease>High Time, Black Peter, UJB, West LA Fadeaway, If I Had The World To Give, Drums Terrapin Station>Slipknot>Terrapin Station. Encore: Patchwork Quilt, Stella Blue

Last edited:
Jerry played it solo a fair amount, right?

I'm seeing that show with the Philly pops next week!

Went and saw Warren Haynes with Jeff Sipe and others play with the NC symphony doing a tribute to Jerry Garcia.

Really good show. Reserved arrangements but they really highlighted the songwriting.

A real treat is they played If I Had The World To Give in the 2nd set which was a song off Shakedown Street that the GD only played 3 times in 1978.

Set 1: Dark Star tease>Bird Song, Crazy Fingers, Scarlet Begonias, Warren Jam, Shakedown, Standing On The Moon, China Cat Sunflower, Symphony Jam, Morning Dew.

Set 2: Mission in the Rain tease>High Time, Black Peter, UJB, West LA Fadeaway, If I Had The World To Give, Drums Terrapin Station>Slipknot>Terrapin Station. Encore: Patchwork Quilt, Stella Blue

sweet. Sipe is a God to me. Who else besides Haynes and Sipe?

yroooooooo! that sounds magical. go anywhere fun?

I've walked about every square inch of this mofo this week. Just returned from a 2.5 hour jaunt around Society Hill and Penn's Landing, accompanied by Kirt Vile and Yo La Tengo. I'm a big fan of just kind of walking around cities exploring shit and listening to music, so Philly has been great for that, as it's very walkable and I have nowhere to be. Get a lot of strong wafts of piss and strangely hot air, but I guess it just gives the city its character.

Going to see Heart and Jason Bonham and the LZ Experience tonight in Raleigh with the better half.

pretty pumped for justin townes earle next month in Asheville

Going to see Heart and Jason Bonham and the LZ Experience tonight in Raleigh with the better half.

nice let us know how that is they're coming to our outdoor amphitheater soon and i was thinking about going but am on the fence

nice let us know how that is they're coming to our outdoor amphitheater soon and i was thinking about going but am on the fence

If you like Led Zeppelin, you will love it. Had a really good time. Some Schlocky 80's Heart, but it was really well played. It's scary how much Bonham's lead singer sounds like Robert Plant.

Loving the futuristic riffs but nostalgic lyrics on 'Nineteen Ninety Nine'. Summer doesn't mean what it used to before.

I'm really digging the similarities between Yeezus and 808's. Modern Rap could definitely use a minimalist make over. Even if you hate Kanye, you have to admit he's a huge risk taker by completely abandoning the sound and style that made him famous. Jay Z and Lil Wayne by comparison, sound basically the exact same as they did 10 years ago.

Yet another festival. This one is in St. Louis the weekend after Labor Day. Pretty amazing lineup with no shit at the top. Pretty cheap too.

http://www.loufest.com/

The 2013 LouFest Music Festival is scheduled for September 7-8.
The 2013 lineup includes: The Killers, Wilco, The National, Alabama Shakes, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Jim James, Local Natives, Fitz and the Tantrums, Toro y Moi, Twin Shadow, Trampled by Turtles, Walk the Moon, Ra Ra Riot, Court Yard Hounds, Icona Pop, Youngblood Hawke, Robert DeLong, Jukebox the Ghost, Wild Belle, The Mowgli's, Brick and Mortar, Desert Noises, Space Capone, Wild Cub, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Andrea Davidson, Modoc, The Lonely Biscuits, Kentucky Knife Fight and Tef Poe

I'm really digging the similarities between Yeezus and 808's. Modern Rap could definitely use a minimalist make over. Even if you hate Kanye, you have to admit he's a huge risk taker by completely abandoning the sound and style that made him famous. Jay Z and Lil Wayne by comparison, sound basically the exact same as they did 10 years ago.

The sped up mouse voice effect was Kanye's signature production element from the beginning, and it is on this record in multiple tracks. Bound 2 could easily be found on one of his earlier records.

Back