• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Do y'all think the total damage from these protests and riots will equal the amount of taxpayer money autocratically given to Wall Street over the last couple of months?

Real question.

Do y'all think the total damage from these protests and riots will equal the amount of taxpayer money autocratically given to Wall Street over the last couple of months?

Real question.

The total won't be more than 1% of the money given to Wall Street. But is still too much.

https://www.facebook.com/queencitynerve/videos/254255605687107/

if you watch the video there (4/5, hopefully I linked it correctly), there is almost 2 hours of peaceful protest. Go to the last 10 min and you'll see where the CMPD, for apparently no reason, decides to trap the entire crowd, tear gas them, and shoot at them. For palma's count I don't know if this is just one video, or if it's 50 since there are at least 50 cops pulling this shit.

At least 90% of these "For no reason they started tear gassing" are at night and past curfew after the crowds have been told to go home numerous times. The main exception is the stunt the president pulled. Once it's past curfew and you're still out there, most things are fair game outside of the Atlanta incident, in which people got fired.

idk why palma is so scared of looting, the flu kills far more people per year

How come such a large portion of the looting videos I've seen are white dudes with skateboards? Saw one where a few black protesters took the skateboard from the guy and stopped him from breaking windows.

yeahhhh... nope

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video/4572164-looters-storm-hot-topic-store-in-long-beach/

Might give you some insight as to why the cops want to break up the protests after curfew is done. If they tell people for hours to leave and they don't, then its fairly ridiculous to be outraged that they eventually use tear gas.

palma has literally said he's more upset about property damage than state sanctioned police murder so i don't see any reason why anyone would engage with him, though it is refreshing to get some honesty

idk why palma is so scared of looting, the flu kills far more people per year

Well for one I can't get a nicotene patch cause the pharmacies are all closed and for two I can't get a beer because all the liquor stores are closed.

The people being voted in, at every turn, are just as likely to uphold injustice, often unknowingly. Does anyone making the argument for voting as a solution ever really consider the likelyhood or even possibility of the justice system truly being reformed?
Angela Davis wrote
"The liberal articulates his sensitivity to certain of society’s intolerable details, but will almost never prescribe methods of resistance that exceed the limits of legality — redress through electoral channels is the liberal’s panacea. In the heat of our pursuit of fundamental human rights, black people have been continually cautioned to be patient. We are advised that as long as we remain faithful to the existing democratic order, the glorious moment will eventually arrive when we will come into our own as full-fledged human beings."

I've learned a lot from your perspectives and posts.

Back