• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Still haven't seen it. My kids were scared by it. The same kids who saw The Book of Life in the theaters 3 years before.

we basically just wait until it's overpriced on On Demand or avail. via Amazon or netflix

true, though I would've liked to see a few things like Dunkirk and Blade Runner on the big screen

I just saw "Dear Basketball." It's about only 50% as self aggrandizing as I was expecting. I dug the simple animation style. Worth the 5 minutes if you just want to be able to say "I saw Kobe Bryant's Oscar winning movie."

but shape of water is def. fine on your iphone

Fine to not watch it at all. Total waste of 2+ hours.

Man, the winner of the Best Picture award the past several years has been pretty much blecch. Not taking into account the competition, this is a list of movies that had me checking my watch.

2010 - The King's Speech
The Artist
Argo
12 Years a Slave
Birdman
Spotlight
Moonlight
The Shape of Water

My ranking:

1. 12 Years a Slave
Argo
Birdman
King's Speech
Spotlight
Moonlight
The Artist
The Shape of Water

I just saw "Dear Basketball." It's about only 50% as self aggrandizing as I was expecting. I dug the simple animation style. Worth the 5 minutes if you just want to be able to say "I saw Kobe Bryant's Oscar winning movie."

And what's the point of giving someone an Oscar for a 5-minute movie that no one has seen ?

And what's the point of giving someone an Oscar for a 5-minute movie that no one has seen ?

especially when they don't give a best stunt work award

Fine to not watch it at all. Total waste of 2+ hours.

Man, the winner of the Best Picture award the past several years has been pretty much blecch. Not taking into account the competition, this is a list of movies that had me checking my watch.

2010 - The King's Speech
The Artist
Argo
12 Years a Slave
Birdman
Spotlight
Moonlight
The Shape of Water

My ranking:

1. 12 Years a Slave
Argo
Birdman
King's Speech
Spotlight
Moonlight
The Artist
The Shape of Water

Argo is overrated but otherwise yes

Yeah Shape of Water was great. Of the ones I saw, I'd probably go:

Ladybird
Get Out
Shape of Water
Dunkirk

gap

Three Billboards

Critisizes movies for being boring, overrates The Kings Speech

100% agree. Hands down the worst of the nominees in that category. The rest of them were great, my favorite was probably "Garden Party."

The King's Speech beating The Social Network that year was a complete travesty.

I thought Lady Bird deserved it, to be honest, but I don't really have a problem with The Shape of Water taking it.

Back