• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

How has Free Solo not been discussed, especially after it won the Oscar?? I love climbing films/books in general and didn't think I'd have the same "wow" factor as most people, because I've seen and read so much about Honnold. But it still exceeded expectations. The feat he accomplished, and the way the crew was able to film it (and stay out of his way and head) was truly amazing.

If you liked that then you should see Meru.

Faye Dunaway in Bonnie & Clyde, jesus.
1e7072920979d3d007a50ad39c74a2a2.gif

Watched Blackkklansman and A Star is Born this weekend. I enjoyed them both but I feel like the story in A Star is Born was pretty clunky.

Aquaman one of my favorite superhero movies

Visually stunning and imaginative

Loved the Sicily scenes

Last edited:
Sicily is one of the most unique locations I’ve seen for a big superhero and villain fight. Beautifully done.

A few airplane movies over the weekend:

Ready Player One: Avatar + 80s nostalgia = decent enough for an airplane. I didn't read the book, so I didn't have expectations going in. There were a few major plotholes, but I don't think plot was really the point. Plus Ben Mendelsohn makes for a superb bad guy.

Ant Man and the Wasp: Paul Rudd is great, but Michael Pena stole that movie. Otherwise, a formulaic Marvel movie where there are zero consequences. Not as bad as something like Iron Man 2, but not close to the top tier of Black Panther, Ragnarok, etc.

Roma was a serious snoozer. I can appreciate the art and cinematography and everything, but cmon. Zzzzzz.

Roma was a serious snoozer. I can appreciate the art and cinematography and everything, but cmon. Zzzzzz.

My wife (who reguarly watches Spanish language shows on Netflix) said it was art for the sake of art and couldn't believe it got all those awards. She thought Black Panther was better.

watched Incredibles 2 with the kid/wife. It was fine but goddamn that mid-century design. Have to hand it to Pixar for the attention to detail.

My wife (who reguarly watches Spanish language shows on Netflix) said it was art for the sake of art and couldn't believe it got all those awards. She thought Black Panther was better.

oof, your wife and I are in wild disagreement

Annihilation was batshit. Really enjoyed how far out there it is. So different from the book, which I was glad about -- adhering to the book wouldn't work for this one.

The bear scene - damn.

Watched 'Wind River' on Netflix with Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen and it was a lot better than I expected. Pretty intense

Watched 'Wind River' on Netflix with Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen and it was a lot better than I expected. Pretty intense

I think that’s a movie that really benefits from the in theater experience.

Saw “they shall not grow old”. Ww1 sorta documentary. It was unique. And very good. Maybe a bit overhyped. But still amazing at how Jackson pulled it together.

Back