• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Macgruber is one of the funniest movies I’ve ever seen don’t @ me

I read the Ringer one, pretty good.

Which films since Office Space would you consider in the cult classic category?

I feel like streaming has really upped the amount niche film/tv out there, which takes away from the Office Space-style cult classic genre.

Maybe (likely) I am old and dont interact with this stuff as much anymore but I feel like all of the fav films from my youth (late 90s early 00s) were Cult Classics, which really they were studio films centering on counter culture or non-lamestream culture that flopped initially and then caught on later, or sometimes they were early, rough hewn offerings from soon to be auteur heavies that just hadn't found their true voice yet.

Office Space
Lebowski
Clerks
Mallrats
Dazed & Confused
The Stoned Age
Rushmore
Kids
Killing Zoe
Trainspotting
Slacker
Swingers
Election
Being John Malcovich
American Psycho
Rules of Attraction
Igby Goes Down

I thought about including Fight Club and True Romance but I dont think you can include movies that have that level of star power, whether they flopped or not.

Im not sure how many of these small, adult movies are out there today?

Last edited:
I’m currently watching Rampage on a plane.

I’m on record (numerous times) as loving giant creature movies.

Terrible acting. The Rock actually outperforms the rest of the cast. But strangely watchable. On a plane, at least.

Of course, I also watched The Meg a couple of weeks ago in its entirety.

The Rock is the perfect 'most popular movie star' for the Trump era. Just appeals to the most stupid lowest common denominator all around. Garbage.

Could The Rock win a general election?

Definitely. Imagine this except in a campaign rally.

His promo style and catch phrases would easily work as a presidential candidate. "The People's Champion." The "Rocky" chants. "The millions (and millions)" of The Rock's voters.

Last edited:
Watching Blindspotting and recognized The Shiva, holy shit she is still beautiful
21f5163a8d6c8bb6903140db4f33e378.jpg

She was on You're the Worst tonight. Gorgeous.

I actually like the Rock a lot more now than I did when he was w/ the WWE. And I watched the WWE pretty regularly back then. There used to be a pretty decent sized group that would watch RAW in our Polo suite.

I also finally started The Avengers... I'm about an hour in. It is just OK. Needs more giant creatures.

Book of Eli is on HBO and I think my wife has watched it three times this week.

Likewise I've watched Uncle Drew three times in the past two weeks (mainly as research for the All-Star game in case Shaq tried to go incognito in an old man disguise).

Blade Runner 2049......Wow is all I have to say.

Sylvia Hoeks not even nominated for Best Supporting Actress? Luv is one of the best villains in movie history.

Add Idiocracy to the cult classic list, especially given its increased relevance.

The Rock is the perfect 'most popular movie star' for the Trump era. Just appeals to the most stupid lowest common denominator all around. Garbage.

Not a fan of The Rock's movies but I do enjoy him in HBO's 'Ballers'. That show cracks me up.

Back