• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Isle of Dogs - why didn’t I see this movie sooner? It rocks. Would say it’s one of Wes Anderson’s bests, but other than Zissou and Darjeeling he’s only made great movies, so that wouldn’t say much. I know it’s up for an Oscar, but feels like this movie got slept on a little bit.

I'm about to blow my stack. I turn my back, and the bullshit begins.

Zissou and Darjeeling are his 2 worst movies. This is not a hot take. I do think Zissou is better than Darjeeling though, in that it doesn’t suck, it’s just not very good. Darjeeling kinda sucked other than when Owen Wilson’s character called the Indian kids a bunch of assholes.

Last edited:
Royal Tenenbaums
Grand Budapest
Rushmore
Isle of Dogs
Life Aquatic
Fantastic Mr Fox
Moonrise Kingdom
Bottle Rocket
Darjeeling

Life Aquatic
Rushmore
Tenenbaums
Bottle Rocket
Moonrise
Isle of Dogs
Mr Fox
Budapest
Darjeeling

Zissou and Darjeeling are his 2 worst movies. This is not a hot take. I do think Zissou is better than Darjeeling though, in that it doesn’t suck, it’s just not very good. Darjeeling kinda sucked other than when Owen Wilson’s character called the Indian kids a bunch of assholes.

People say that when someone says something like that, it's because they're jealous. But it still hurts. It hurts bad.

Moonrise and Mr. Fox are probably my two least favorite of his, but I want to rewatch Moonrise. Great use of Britten, at least.

Is there a more polarizing film topic on the internets than Wes Anderson movies? It seems like the people who are into them are REALLY into them and refuse to allow any dissenting opinion to exist.

I've now read 3 different Office Space retrospectives in the past few days due to its 20th anniversary, which really makes me want to watch it soon. That was a staple DVD watch back in the early 2000s for me.

Post some links! Office Space is on my periodic rewatch list with stuff like Superbad and Grandma’s Boy.

I read the Ringer one, pretty good.

Which films since Office Space would you consider in the cult classic category?

I feel like streaming has really upped the amount niche film/tv out there, which takes away from the Office Space-style cult classic genre.

Back