• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Football Coaching Carousel (2014-15 Edition)

Why is it that Dabo/Clemson are always the beneficiary of teams that don't care about bowl games. First it was LSU, then Ohio St, and now OU? I get sick of hearing how great Dabo & Co. are (I'm in SC) because they have taken care of business in bowl games. What I'd like to know is when do they plan on beating F$U, GA, or GT in the regular season?

If I am OU and Chad Morris has any kind of success his first year at SMU, I'd pluck him like Auburn did Gus Malzahn from Arkansas St regardless of what Stoops does next year.

You don't take over a team that won 1 game and have any kind of success the next year. Compared to Jones, Grobe left a well stocked cupboard.

ibaEKfKnTSlJDz.gif

Oklahoma interviewed TCU OC Sonny Cumbie, who played QB under Mike Leach at Texas Tech (Leach was the OC at OU under Stoops before going to Texas Tech). Seems like a natural fit. BTW, TCU returns the core of their team from last year. If not the pre-season #1, TCU will be in the pre-season top 3 next year.

I don't think it's a natural fit at all. There was an effort to get away from being so reliant on the passing game and get a bit more balance. They've interviewed the Akron OC too, but I don't know anything about his offenses other than they are balanced. They have interviewed Cumbie, who is also tied to the OU OL coach Bedenbaugh from his TT days. I think they have also interviewed Meachum at TCU, but that may not have happened. Also supposedly in the mix is McGee from Louisville (former OU QB, but never stays in one position long enough to get a good read on as coach), and Spavital from aTm. I think a big factor will be recruiting ability, in addition to coaching.

Why is it that Dabo/Clemson are always the beneficiary of teams that don't care about bowl games. First it was LSU, then Ohio St, and now OU? I get sick of hearing how great Dabo & Co. are (I'm in SC) because they have taken care of business in bowl games. What I'd like to know is when do they plan on beating F$U, GA, or GT in the regular season?

If I am OU and Chad Morris has any kind of success his first year at SMU, I'd pluck him like Auburn did Gus Malzahn from Arkansas St regardless of what Stoops does next year.

I'm hearing OU is looking at Mike Leach disciple and current ECU OC Lincoln Riley. Guy is only 31 but he's a fast riser

I think WVU is still scoring TDs on them in the Orange Bowl.

Lincoln Riley, OC @ ECU, is rumored to be the new OC @ Oklahoma.

LSU also hired Ed Orgeron to coach their D Line.

I'm beginning to wish that the NCAA would penalize coaches that move within conference like they do the players. This is getting ridiculous, especially the SEC.

That would not be within the NCAA jurisdiction (which has essentially ceded all authority to the Power V conferences. It would be up to each league to either prohibit such intra-conference moves or penalize them. BTW, it would be a hard rule to enforce because often times coaches leave jobs because their jobs are in jeopardy. Also, while this is starting to change, most assistants work under 1 year contracts; so almost all of them are free agents after each season. For example, Chavis did not break his contract to go to A&M; his contract term was over, and rather than take LSU's offer to stay, he chose the more financially beneficial package offered by A&M.

LSU also hired Ed Orgeron to coach their D Line.

Gives me an excuse to post this.

I still love that he reportedly immediately sent an application to WF to be the head coach after he was let go at USC.

Back