• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Interesting. Pretty sure we're playing at Tennessee, too (I think?). Those are two good OOC games.

The Wake site has the return game for Davidson at Charlotte. Wake should also have a B1G roadie.

The Wake site has the return game for Davidson at Charlotte. Wake should also have a B1G roadie.

We actually might get left out of the ACC-B1G challenge due to our 14th place ACC finish. Pitt was left out last year, and I don't think they like omitting the same team two years in a row.

Interesting note - we actually have the second-highest win % of all teams in the challenge at .706 (12-5), only behind Duke at .895 (17-2). #historicallycompetitive

Davidson will be down next year. They graduate nearly 50% of their scoring and more than half of their rebounding. Doesn't look like they have any incoming commits yet, either.

Should be a game we win at home.

We actually might get left out of the ACC-B1G challenge due to our 14th place ACC finish. Pitt was left out last year, and I don't think they like omitting the same team two years in a row.

Interesting note - we actually have the second-highest win % of all teams in the challenge at .706 (12-5), only behind Duke at .895 (17-2). #historicallycompetitive

Wake will be a participant. Last year BC finished last & it was them that sat out challenge. Pitt played Maryland.

At Iowa maybe? We played at Rutgers 3 years ago.

Wake will be a participant. Last year BC finished last & it was them that sat out challenge. Pitt played Maryland.

Pitt played Maryland in the 2017 season (2016 ACC-Big Ten Challenge). They sat out the 2018 season (2017 ACC-Big Ten Challenge). I don't think they would be left out two years in a row.

Not entirely sure how the non-participant is determined. Pitt was 14th last year but DFL BC didn't partake the year before so Pitt got left out. So it would make sense we might be the team, but then in 2015-16 BC was 12th the year before and got left out over two teams behind them. I dunno.

Projections about how good a team is supposed to be might have something to do with it. So since we're clearly going to the tournament maybe we will get included after all

You are right. I was looking at wrong season. So BC was last 2 years straight so they made Pitt sit out. I guess it is reasonable to expect Wake being left out this year although I hope that is not the case.

You are right. I was looking at wrong season. So BC was last 2 years straight so they made Pitt sit out. I guess it is reasonable to expect Wake being left out this year although I hope that is not the case.

That will depend on what the writers think of Wake after the dust settles over the summer. Pitt will probably be picked DFL. So whichever team is just above them will probably get the sit out. It will be interesting though, if that team is BC. Would BC be asked to miss two out of three years?

ETA:

Based on standings at the end of the 2018 season, Wake would only need to get placed ahead of GaTech to avoid being left out.

Last edited:

Nice! Wake can't hurt it's winning percentage in the challenge if Wake doesn't even participate.

Well, not exactly, like I was saying BC was left out one year when they were 12th (not last or next to last), and then the next year they finished last but Pitt were left out who finished next to last.

So wouldn't say its a lock we wouldn't be included, but we very well may not be

Seems like with the Capel hire, there's enough ESPN intrigue for them to include Pitt over Wake. Not sure who else you'd leave out.

Sad when it comes down to you or a team coached by joke coach Josh Pastner

The ACC just got tougher with Chris Mack to Louisville and Capel to Pitt. Not to mention Wes Miller at UNCG and Tubby Smith at High Point.

So Louisville let their interim coach go and hired Xavier’s head coach.

Would have been nice if we had done that.

So Louisville let their interim coach go and hired Xavier’s head coach.

Would have been nice if we had done that.

Stop it, you are acting like Wellman is going around and hiring his friends as coaches for major revenue sports!

Almost impossible for him to turn it down, but man is Louisville a sticky situation morally. I was hoping Mack was too good for that. That pack-line defense with Louisville's athletes is going to be brutal.

Back