• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

I don’t think Louisville is definitely a better job than Xavier, at least not enough to lure a Xavier guy who didn’t have a family connection to Louisville.

I don’t think Louisville is definitely a better job than Xavier, at least not enough to lure a Xavier guy who didn’t have a family connection to Louisville.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting this post, but he did have a family connection -- his wife's from Louisville

So Louisville let their interim coach go and hired Xavier’s head coach.

Would have been nice if we had done that.

Not sure if Miller would have come here in 08 after an elite 8 appearance but who knows. The more I think about it the more taking the interim tag off Dino seems like Wellman’s biggest blunder.

It makes no sense, especially in light of how Dino’s tenure ended.

it is better than xavier let's be real

Maybe I'm misinterpreting this post, but he did have a family connection -- his wife's from Louisville

Yes. That was my point. I think an X alum and coach who didn’t have that connection would have been perfectly fine staying.

Manning to be a part of the Final Four pregame coverage from 3-4pm on Saturday.

Good exposure, regardless of your opinion of him.

Not sure if Miller would have come here in 08 after an elite 8 appearance but who knows. The more I think about it the more taking the interim tag off Dino seems like Wellman’s biggest blunder.

It makes no sense, especially in light of how Dino’s tenure ended.

I don't believe Dino ever had the interim tag. He was given a three year deal when he took the job.

Ok for kids to leave any school to make a lot of money, not ok for Mack to leave X to do the same? Seems illogical. Same or close money maybe, but otherwise a no brainer.

Ok for kids to leave any school to make a lot of money, not ok for Mack to leave X to do the same? Seems illogical. Same or close money maybe, but otherwise a no brainer.

Its not so much Mack leaving for more money. It is Mack stepping into the cesspool that is Louisville athletics, with the FBI issues and NCAA sanctions just imposed. I hope Mack has some good lawyers who wrote some stuff to insulate and protect Mack, or at least make sure he gets paid even if Louisville ends up in trouble with the FBI.

I don't think anyone is mad. Just disappointed. Kind of like when there were rumors that Grobe was leaving Wake for Arkansas.

30th anniversary of Danny and the Miracles. Is this the only coverage he's gotten?

Back