• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Low energy is a Wake thing...Bizzz...Grobe...DM

K with a bad hip and Roy with Vertigo get after it more than DM

Yea, that lack of fire, passion, and fight really fires up your players. Especially on the road. No doubt it has a lot to do with our abysmal road record under [Redacted] and Manning.

At least K works himself into a frenzy before fainting.

Even DM's radio show is boring.... poor Stan has all that he can do to keep DM awake for the hour let alone the audience. :(

I also think that the bizarre sub pattern really throws our players off as well. When Moore is having a good game, he gets benched. When CMM and DT are playing poorly, they stay in the game longer and cause dumb turnovers and more poor decisions. Last nights game was just another example of poor coaching and players giving up before the whistle. The situation at VT was comparable to ours when Williams got there. Now the Hokies are on much better footing and look to possibly make a run to the NIT this year and possible NCAA next year. For us, the only thing that we are left hoping for us a win on the road in conference.

And with the loss at Duke tonight, we wrap up our regular season with an 11-18 record and 2-16 in conference. What a fucking clown show this season has been. Should we expect a first round exit in our only post season tournament appearance, the ACCT?

11-19 but who's counting.

Umm.....yes. Look for Barber to drop damn near 40 on us again. :(

11-19 but who's counting.

Umm.....yes. Look for Barber to drop damn near 40 on us again. :(

The sad part is, Barber isn't even the best point guard on the team. Dennis Smith Jr is currently sitting on the bench and is the #1 point guard in the nation. That is the kind of talent that Manning needs to start pulling in if we want to be competitive.

The sad part is, Barber isn't even the best point guard on the team. Dennis Smith Jr is currently sitting on the bench and is the #1 point guard in the nation. That is the kind of talent that Manning needs to start pulling in if we want to be competitive.

He won't be on the team until next season.

He won't be on the team until next season.
He always sits behind the bench for all of their games this year, which I think was his point.

Still think I'd take Cat over DSJ in college.

He always sits behind the bench for all of their games this year, which I think was his point.

Still think I'd take Cat over DSJ in college.

If they get their front court issue solved, they are going to be middle tier ACC again. Do we know if anyone is looking to transfer?

Not that matchups matter with Wake, but we matchup well with N.C. State in my opinion.

We can run a zone, close out well, and dominate with our front court.

I also think that the bizarre sub pattern really throws our players off as well. When Moore is having a good game, he gets benched. When CMM and DT are playing poorly, they stay in the game longer and cause dumb turnovers and more poor decisions. Last nights game was just another example of poor coaching and players giving up before the whistle. The situation at VT was comparable to ours when Williams got there. Now the Hokies are on much better footing and look to possibly make a run to the NIT this year and possible NCAA next year. For us, the only thing that we are left hoping for us a win on the road in conference.
Keep in mind that Williams has relied a lot on transfers (LaDay and Allen) and a JUCO (Henry). Another JUCO (Hamilton) has started the last few games and a third (Outlaw) likely would have played a bunch if he hadn't been injured before the season. Getting Allen from the Terps was huge; let's hope Woods helps Wake as much. Having said that, I'm not a fan of using rent-a-players to sustain a program. Buzz has been able to use them to rebuild. Let's see if he can sustain the progress.

Even DM's radio show is boring.... poor Stan has all that he can do to keep DM awake for the hour let alone the audience. :(

Not sure Danny is the only problem there. I think Danny gets bored as Stan states the question, then attempts to include any extemporaneous thoughts that might remotely touch on the question, then finish it off with what he thinks Danny's answer might be. By this time Danny's only out is "without question". Stan needs to ask the question then shut up.

In defense of Stan this probably goes back to Wellman's directive that Bz only answer yes or no questions.

Back