• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Welcome to the black Bzz era! Yay!

4 times today after an official or team timeout we turned the ball over. This shitshow is the final straw for me. I'm out.
#manningout

At least Manning's conference win percentage of .194 is better than [Redacted]'s of .156 over the first two years :tear:

After looking at the poll that Ayo started regarding DM, I think it is fairly obvious to say that DM has no credibility as a coach with the fan base. However, the love affair with Chill makes no sense as it appears he is part of the problem as well. We all know how great of a player he was, but he has been an assistant since 2013 in there has been no improvement in any of the players we have got on campus. What am I missing that makes Danny Manning and his assistants suspect coaches, yet Chill gets a pass?

After looking at the poll that Ayo started regarding DM, I think it is fairly obvious to say that DM has no credibility as a coach with the fan base. However, the love affair with Chill makes no sense as it appears he is part of the problem as well. We all know how great of a player he was, but he has been an assistant since 2013 in there has been no improvement in any of the players we have got on campus. What am I missing that makes Danny Manning and his assistants suspect coaches, yet Chill gets a pass?

Nothing, other than the fact that his name is Chill and he did some nasty things to Duke and UNC. To a lessor extent, it's the reason people were excited about Manning and remain more supportive of him than they should be. Despite the lack of correlation, people still associated great player with great coach.

didn't watch the game curious. if Manning is on Credibility Watch or not this year?

ok looking back I noticed Raleigh Triad said I think it is fairly obvious to say that DM has no credibility as a coach with the fan base and I was wondering if it was still fairly obvious to still think that?

but if he's off credibility watch i need to know because I have it written that he's on credibility watch on my whiteboard at home and if he's not on credibility watch can I erase it now please?

but if he's off credibility watch i need to know because I have it written that he's on credibility watch on my whiteboard at home and if he's not on credibility watch can I erase it now please?

Erase it but don't use cleaner fluid. You'll want that trace residual lettering maybe.

The credibility factor that we are all watching is in-game coaching in tight games.

Is it time to bring it back after last night? Coaching last night was rough to watch :(

Did a 5-1 start really have people's minds changed despite the body of evidence from the previous two years?

There is a reason I didn't bring this thread back until now. It seems like we have quite a bit of talent compared to previous teams, but coaching seems to be lacking.

Now, if we lose to either Richmond, UNCC, or UNCG... it might get a little wild in here.

There is a reason I didn't bring this thread back until now. It seems like we have quite a bit of talent compared to previous teams, but coaching seems to be lacking.

Now, if we lose to either Richmond, UNCC, or UNCG... it might get a little wild in here.

Richmond is a legit toss-up game. We are favored to win 76-75 at 51%. UNC-G is a 3 point game, as Miller finally has them on track, and it's at UNC-G. Charlotte we are favored by 14 points.

The win expectancy is 2.02 out of those three games, meaning it's way more likely we win 2/3 instead of all three.

Richmond is a legit toss-up game. We are favored to win 76-75 at 51%. UNC-G is a 3 point game, as Miller finally has them on track, and it's at UNC-G. Charlotte we are favored by 14 points.

The win expectancy is 2.02 out of those three games, meaning it's way more likely we win 2/3 instead of all three.

So it looks like UNCC is the only gimmie and the rest are toss-ups... welcome to the new age of being a Deac fan :slash:

So it looks like UNCC is the only gimmie and the rest are toss-ups... welcome to the new age of being a Deac fan :slash:

Charlotte lost several good players to transfer during the Major to Price coaching change.

Woods to Wake
Dorn to State
Thorne to Illinois

I see us losing at Richmond and beating the UNC city schools.

Back