• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

It's cute when you try to hard to be Miss Independent. It's not a wedge issue. It's xenophobia from one side that the other side gladly accepts because it gives them an advantage. Obama made his birth certificate available. He hasn't kept his religious beliefs a secret. He hasn't played into this.

I never said he played into it. But you are crazy if you think the talk of his citizenship and his Christianity is a net positive for the Republicans. There are far more voters turned off by the republicans because of it than convinced to vote for them.

Edit...And I am not and have never claimed to be an independent (or a woman for that matter).

Last edited:
It isn't at advantage for Republicans. But it's not a "wedge issue" perpetrated by Democrats either. Republicans do it to themselves to rally their base.

I never said that it was perpetrated by Dems...how would that work? And silly issue used to rally the base is the definition of a wedge issue. My point is that the Dems are all too happy to have the country focused on this nonsense because A) it is a net positive for them and B) it keeps people from focusing on shit that is hard to fix that actually matters.

And silly issue used to rally the base is the definition of a wedge issue.

Your argument with PhDeac makes no sense because that's not what a wedge issue is.

A wedge issue would be if the Republicans were were applauding Obama's love of guns and low taxes on the wealthy to stir discontent among Democrats.

I never said that it was perpetrated by Dems...how would that work? And silly issue used to rally the base is the definition of a wedge issue. My point is that the Dems are all too happy to have the country focused on this nonsense because A) it is a net positive for them and B) it keeps people from focusing on shit that is hard to fix that actually matters.

The last thing either party wants people to focus on is shit that is hard to fix that actually matters. That's because they both suck at fixing any of those things.

I'm not sure if Scott walker is a child molestor because I've never had a conversation with him about it.

You're blaming Dems for Pubs shooting themselves in the foot in order to boost your "I hate both parties equally because both parties do the same thing" argument.

chrischristie-letterman1.jpg

Last edited:
Walker probably believes that all he needs to do is win the GOP nomination, so he's playing to the base. Hillary has baggage, but the electoral college and demographics don't support a slam dunk GOP victory. Both Obama and Hillary would have beaten McCain in 2008, but Dennis Kuchinich wouldn't have.

Palin whiffed on which publications she read, so relative unknowns are going to asked stupid questions until they prove themselves. Rubio, Pence, and Jeb easily handled similar questions. Only way GOP gets out of the rut is by finding a new base or recruiting better candidates.

Last edited:
Carly Fiorina was a disaster as HP CEO and a horrible Senate candidate. She got thumped by Boxer, who's a serious hack. If she couldn't beat Boxer, she couldn't carry CA as VP.

Do we need a different thread for CPAC or can we just wrap it into this one? Ingraham has already said there is no difference in Jeb than Hillary and that they should both just be on the same ticket called "Clush". Jeb's wife's money spending habits are being brought out in the open again. This could be a wild weekend....

Do we need a different thread for CPAC or can we just wrap it into this one? Ingraham has already said there is no difference in Jeb than Hillary and that they should both just be on the same ticket called "Clush". Jeb's wife's money spending habits are being brought out in the open again. This could be a wild weekend....

The fact that they had the leader of Ukip come and speak makes it insane already.

Jeb needs Christie to remain a factor in the GOP just so some of the ire goes toward Christie. Far right's united against Jeb.

Did anyone watch that documentary Life According to Dick Cheney? I know its just one telling of the story, but it made me respect GW Bush a helluva lot more than I did. Cheney is a major POS

Back