• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show

the most offensive part about the guys tweets is how unfunny they are

Off topic, but I watched most of James Corden's 1st 3 Late Late Shows last week. Guy is pretty good.

Yep, they thought the only way to save the show was to hire a huge name. When they struck out they hired a nobody so when the show tanks there is nothing invested. If he succeeds great but now there is less skin in the game.

This.

Teaser for Samantha Bee's new TBS late night show

Teaser for Samantha Bee's new TBS late night show

I didn't realize this was happening. Seems like a good move by Bee. If she took over the Daily Show the expectations for immediate success would have been really really high, but here she will probably be allowed a little freedom and time to create the identity of her show and her audience.

Yeah. I had heard it was a sitcom. This was a nice surprise.

Ah. OK. Thanks.

Had to dig up this thread just to say how giddy I was for TDS after Trump's announcement. Stewart did not disappoint.

Trump announcement, Pizza Hut pizza with hot dog crust, and Aziz Ansari. Hard to mess that up and they knocked it out of the park.

Former Daily Show writer and correspondent went on Maron's WTF and sort of trashed Stewart in the wimpiest beta way possible. He's 39 so can't be a millennial but jesus does he channel them perfectly. Basically quit TDS after Stewart yelled at him one time in the writers room during a fight over a joke.

Maron hates Stewart, so he was clearly egging him on.

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...-key-peele-and-being-the-only-one-in-the-room

anyways, i listened to the whole podcast with wyatt and i gotta say that something didn't really add up about it

also - off topic on his stewart convo but he seems like he's really really mean to his mom for reasons that he never fully explains

I've read about Cenac's beef with Stewart and it seems like he's parsing a fine line and maybe confusing racism with the fact that Stewart is a bad impressionist.

Back