• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show

anyways, i listened to the whole podcast with wyatt and i gotta say that something didn't really add up about it

also - off topic on his stewart convo but he seems like he's really really mean to his mom for reasons that he never fully explains

Agreed the whole thing is weird. Throughout the whole thing he talks about these things that he's happened to him that he views as awful, like getting in a fight with his mom, or not being able to find a job after he voluntarily quit a good job. He blames everything and everyone else but himself, like he has no self-determination. Serious victim narrative throughout. He had some bad things happen to him, but many people have had a lot worse, and also haven't emerged as a writer on top TV shows.

I think he needs therapy. He is still carrying around a ton of issues from childhood, he has serious self-worth issues and has probably been battling depression for a while. I think he has also battled alcoholism.

I've read about Cenac's beef with Stewart and it seems like he's parsing a fine line and maybe confusing racism with the fact that Stewart is a bad impressionist.

The initial disagreement was about race, but to hear Cenac tell it, he was basically like a woman who is upset about a bunch of shit, and then when one little disagreement comes up, he explodes and uses that as a reason to dig up the entire relationship. There are plenty of anecdotes about Stewart being a dick, but lots of bosses are dicks, that's why they pay you to show up.

Jessica Williams is very tall and very hot.

Olivia Munn looks like a different kind of hot than before. Weird.

Last edited:
Interesting way to go out. I've enjoyed it.

Any catch the wfu alum in one of the segments? He was called out by name.

Walking out after the final taping.

dVNc8Vd.jpg

Colbert killed it last night. God, that whole correspondent segment was gold.

Solid start. Didn't even remember to record it last night.
[video=youtube;0OGZMfVQROY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=214&v=0OGZMfVQROY[/video]

I actually prefer to watch TDS on the CC website, Adblocker still works there so I don't even have to fast forward through commercials. So I actually prefer to watch all my CC shows there.

I liked last night a lot, it was basically business as usual, which in another sense was disappointing in that I was hoping Noah would do something to make it his own show rather than more seem like a regular Daily Show with a guest host. I'm guessing he'll gradually add his imprint, right now he's just looking to connect with the existing (substantial) audience.

On the other hand, I dropped out of Colbert a few weeks ago. That was a hard choice since I really like him but it just seems too much of a generic late night show right now.

I watched the first two Colberts until the interview then didn't even think about watching them. I have no interest in generic late night. Going from "Stephen Colbert" to Stephen Colbert was more disappointing than expected.

I watched the first two Colberts until the interview then didn't even think about watching them. I have no interest in generic late night. Going from "Stephen Colbert" to Stephen Colbert was more disappointing than expected.

I'm with you and DeacHead. I didn't get past the 1st couple of Late Shows with Colbert. Makes me sad because he is such a talent. Even worse, from the interviews I saw, they were quite generic. He's such a good interviewer with such a quick wit, but in what is probably an effort to be mainstream at all costs, I find his Late Show interviews boring.

I'll watch last night's DS tonight and give Noah a chance. I like his stand up but am unsure he's the right replacement.

Noah basically slid into a tried and true format like Colbert did. TDS is just a better format.

If you gave up on Colbert after the first couple of shows you should go back. Made some tweaks and generally more comfortable. I think it's great.

I really like what Colbert has done, too. I was actually surprised by how similar most of his segments are to old Colbert Report bits.

Yeah, his first few shows were almost cringe-worthy. So forced. Haven't watched a ton since then but watched an episode or two last week and they were pretty good. He seemed much more comfortable.

If you gave up on Colbert after the first couple of shows you should go back. Made some tweaks and generally more comfortable. I think it's great.

I just hate that I have to go through CBS's streaming service to watch it later.

I've really enjoyed Colbert interviewing the presidential hopefuls the past few weeks. I agree it does have sort of a CR feel to it, plus he was well prepared on the facts and prior statements unlike most late night hosts.

His interviews with Biden and Cruz were fantastic. Haven't caught the full Trump one yet, but I enjoyed the bits and pieces that I saw. The Bernie interview felt like it could have been done verbatim from the Colbert persona/character. Also really liked the interviews with Justice Breyer and Dr. Moniz. He seems to be going with 1 "star" and 1 "serious guest" most nights, which is nice.

Back