• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show

Yeah, I was a Kilborn fan and didn't watch as much when Stewart started but got back into it.

Same here. I watched the Late Late Show with Craiggers almost every night too.

I know it's been throw out there as a joke, but why not go after Brian Williams. That would do mega ratings LOL. If BW career turns out to be over, what an awesome transition that would be. Who else is gonna offer him upwards of $20M a year to be on TV? And he could do it, comedy, satire, the whole bit.

Maybe Williams and Stewart will just switch places. I know I would watch the NBC News if Jon Stewart was the anchor.

jon giving his quitting speech now in rewind

Brian Williams would not be good at it imo.

Jon Stewart seems to think he would be good at it. The LA Times interviewed him back in 2009 and he was all about giving Brian some high praise for his natural ability to be both funny and serious. Plus, they're good friends. Put it this way, it wouldn't shock me at all to see BW in the Daily Show chair.

i honestly had no idea this many people cared about/watched the daily show.

Dont think ive paid much attention to it in 10 years. Seemed like a college thing, and come election time

Seriously?

Same thing was said about Brian Williams and the NBC Nightly News.
Think Williams gets about 9MM viewers a night and Stewart averages around 1.5MM. Stewart obviously appeals to a younger demographic.

Same thing was said about Brian Williams and the NBC Nightly News.
Think Williams gets about 9MM viewers a night and Stewart averages around 1.5MM. Stewart obviously appeals to a younger demographic.

That's not really the best way to look at either though. Best to look at each by how many people watch at least once a week or more than 3-4 times a month.

image.jpg

I'm trying to figure out whether it is the homer conservatism, or the shocking amount of insecurity in your posts that tips me off to you, Caturday. I can't tell which. There wasn't any racism in this post, or that would have definitely given it away.

Funny how you've never outed any of moonz aliases.

Back