• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

It's a nice romp.

Just noticed a new season of Lupin is out on Netflix. Have not seen it yet, but will.

Lupin part 2 was disappointing for me. Still like the actor/character but we're jumping sharks a little early on in the show's run.

Trying on AppleTV+ is very good.

On that note, it does not look like Apple will be extending the free subscription again. I think I’ve had it for free for 18 months since the iPhone 11 came out. Seems like this last extension was planned to lead up to season 2 of Ted Lasso. It’s a streaming service I have no problem paying for, though. Everything I’ve watched has been incredibly good. For All Mankind, Ted Lasso, Morning Show, Trying, Mythic Quest, etc.

Clarkson's farm on Prime was really good. I was never a Jeremy Clarkson fan, but I at least knew who he was. The premise is that he attempts to run his 1000 acre farm for the first time on his own. Not having an ag background, I enjoyed how they described everything in simple terms. The cast of characters are pretty good. Its only 8 episodes, but they pack in alot. While Clarkson has a right wing slant to everything especially government bureaucracy, you come away with a greater appreciation for farmers.

Season 5 of Rick and Morty started out strong.

Thanks to whoever led the Rick and Morty mafia game last year. That finally encouraged me to watch it after years of people telling me I should.

Halfway through the last season of Bosch and they need to hit the jets or else it will be the worst season.

I watched the whole season in 1.5 days. Any Bosch is good Bosch. Wish the spinoff (a) included J. Edgar and (b) was on a real network.

There’s a spin-off?

I can’t remember the last season because after I finished it I tore through all of the books.

There’s a spin-off?

I can’t remember the last season because after I finished it I tore through all of the books.

Yeah, it's Bosch and Maddie working with another unnamed (don't want to spoil) character. It's going to be on IMDB channel, so maybe it will be accessible via Amazon.

We started This is Pop on Netflix last night and watched the first two episodes. The first one on Boys II Men (and, in small part, the boy bands they inspired) was OK, but they blew up when I was in high school and college so that probably helped. The second one on auto-tune was pretty good - I had no idea about how the technology originated and it actually made me like T-Pain (turns out he's a pretty big tech nerd). It's not ground breaking stuff, but it's entertaining and the episodes are only 45 minutes long so we'll probably finish it up over the weekend.

Finally watched Ted Lasso. Great feel good content. Keeley is one of my favorite recent TV characters.

We are watching Manifest on Netflix and it's pretty cheesy but entertaining

Watched Sophie: A Murder In West Cork on Netflix. Interesting story and well-paced, only 3 episodes.

Also watched Nobody on PPV last night. A little bit of Falling Down, a little bit of History of Violence, and a lot of Red condensed into 90 minutes. Dark humor and violent, so of course I liked it, but it may not be for everybody It's not boring in the least.

Back