• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

hey I like reddit. i don't like the hypocrisy of the gaming community's behavior of giving money to companies and crying about it and the endless self-congratulation.

I agree that most gaming subreddits are pretty toxic circle jerk affairs...with the exception of the r/nintendoswitch because somehow that place is just sunshine and rainbows of people loving their Switch.

I'm gonna guess you didn't play Battlefield 1 then...loading times for matches in that game were easily 5 minutes.

Nope, never played it.

I watch a bunch of ships flying around in the background and think "yeah, i could do without that if it meant the loading times were somewhat reasonable".

hey I like reddit. i don't like the hypocrisy of the gaming community's behavior of giving money to companies and crying about it and the endless self-congratulation.

certainly some redditors are influenced into not purchasing games because of what is posted on /r/gaming.

it's a mixed community. seems extreme to judge the entire group for some self-congratulation posts.

certainly some redditors are influenced into not purchasing games because of what is posted on /r/gaming.

it's a mixed community. seems extreme to judge the entire group for some self-congratulation posts.

don't do preorders!

"UGH i preordered No Man's Sky and now I can't get a refund even though steam's and every other retailer's game refund policy has been a problem since George Washingonnnnnn"

i'll also add that i judge the gaming community, not necessarily the reddit community. it's just a particularly visible circle jerk in that case

don't do preorders!

"UGH i preordered No Man's Sky and now I can't get a refund even though steam's and every other retailer's game refund policy has been a problem since George Washingonnnnnn"

Does your no preorder policy extend to games made by Nintendo? Because preordering those from Amazon for $48 is about the cheapest price you'll see on those games for 2 years minimum.

I don't preorder anymore but i understand someone wanting to to save some cash especially if you're going to get the game regardless of how janky might be, like AC: unity or BotW.

I don't preorder anymore but i understand someone wanting to to save some cash especially if you're going to get the game regardless of how janky might be, like AC: unity or BotW.

I mean I don't preorder non Nintendo games because I know I can wait for 6 months for when the game is patched to be working correctly and then just get it for $30. But with Nintendo games the prices of those games stay at full price for a ridiculously long time.

What games should I be on the lookout for on Black Friday? I am a few years behind with my last three games fallout 4, Witcher III and doom.

The Overwatch free weekend and 50% discount was a great idea. My boys were excited about SWB2 but forgot all about it. So now I don't have to buy what is apparently a shitty game and I got a good game for $30.

Wolfenstein 2 + season pass is $40 on Steam, one of the better deals in the Steam sale I think

Wolfenstein 2 + season pass is $40 on Steam, one of the better deals in the Steam sale I think

Wolf 1 is $9.99

Nier is $30, which is still too much for my tastes. I can't believe a game that's a year old is still $60 retail.

Wolf 1 is $9.99

Nier is $30, which is still too much for my tastes. I can't believe a game that's a year old is still $60 retail.

$25 at Best Buy and Gamestop. Nier was the top game on my list, so I was happy to get it at that price. Might pick up a couple more digital deals, but I'm good beyond that. I own looking many games I haven't played yet anyway.

$25 at Best Buy and Gamestop. Nier was the top game on my list, so I was happy to get it at that price. Might pick up a couple more digital deals, but I'm good beyond that. I own looking many games I haven't played yet anyway.

PS4? I was hoping for PC, but might be willing to grab it.

So you can get an Xbox and a PS4 now for under $200? Is there a major reason to shell out for the more powerful versions of those consoles?

So you can get an Xbox and a PS4 now for under $200? Is there a major reason to shell out for the more powerful versions of those consoles?

Only if you have a 4k tv or intend on getting one soon.

Back