• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

FYI, if you haven't tried Wolfenstein II yet, there's a free trial of it available now for PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Just got Wolf 1 ($9.99 Steam sale) bro.

And Xenoblade comes out Friday.

I just let my kid buy it since it was on sale. he seems to enjoy it but I haven't gotten into it yet.

Same. Played it for the first time last night. It was fun. I like how different the characters are. Lots of cool powers.

But I greatly prefer single player campaigns to repetitive multiplayer battles and leveling up. It's not a game I could regularly play and have fun with it.

Anyone play Overwatch? Any good?

I've played a few hours, as I hit a free weekend months ago, then bought it in the BF sale. If you enjoy online shooters that are not rooted in reality, it is a great game. Plenty of variety (even though I really only use two characters), and the online community is decent. You can succeed (in the casual mode) with a bunch of randoms or with a group of friends, with or without mics. Of course, team communication is an advantage, but not so much that you can't play solo. Very well designed and the visuals are fun.

are we in a time warp? Overwatch in spring of 2016 and has been considered the best multiplayer shooter for basically two years

are we in a time warp? Overwatch in spring of 2016 and has been considered the best multiplayer shooter for basically two years

Eh...I still find it weird that people find a TF2 rehash so amazing. Overwatch is insanely overrated.

Eh...I still find it weird that people find a TF2 rehash so amazing. Overwatch is insanely overrated.

TF2 came out 5 ish months after Overwatch and they're not very similar games other than having a quick refresh and being multi-player shooters with objective based games. Weird take

TF2 came out 5 ish months after Overwatch and they're not very similar games other than having a quick refresh and being multi-player shooters with objective based games. Weird take

Team Fortress 2. Titanfall 2 will never be 'TF2'.

indeed; a fair complaint but i'd argue Overwatch improves and refines every aspect of Team Fortress. that's like saying Super Mario 3 is just a rehash of Super Mario Bros.

I'm not saying it wasn't an improvement on the formula. I'm just saying that it wasn't deserving of the Game of the Year awards it got. When you copy another game down to how the cinematic videos looked and then just put a fresh coat of paint on it that shouldn't equal Game of the Year. It would be like if League of Legends had won game of the year when it came out just because it was a much better DotA.

Last edited:
played both extensively - my take:

DoTA is the better MOBA all-around
LoL is the more enjoyable experience

LoL feels like an arcade game after you move to DoTA for a few years

which isn't a bad thing.

Count me late to the party as noted earlier, but I picked up Overwatch over the weekend. That's the most fun I've had on a game in quite a while. Really enjoying it.

Back