• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

It’s amazing the number of ads for specialty clubs and training aids. I guess the air time is cheaper on Golf Channel than it is on CBS or NBC.

My FIL has the stupid looking bunker wedge. I hit it and I swear it is harder to use than a regular wedge. It just chews dirt.

My FIL has the stupid looking bunker wedge. I hit it and I swear it is harder to use than a regular wedge. It just chews dirt.

the one where if you watch the commercial closely the "tracer" they show is actually nowhere near where the ball is going?

Bryson wins by 7 in Dubai with tournament record -24.

Revolutionizing the sport.

The past year has been amazing for him.
The naysayers have to take notice of what he’s doing.

Who are the naysayers who are denying his talent? I mean I don't like the guy, but he's 1 of the best young golfers out there along with guys like Rahm, Niemann, Cantlay, Champ and Schauffele.

Johnny Miller's last tournament in the booth is next week's Waste Management Open.

Johnny Miller's last tournament in the booth is next week's Waste Management Open.

I may be in the minority, but I've enjoyed listening to Hicks and Miller so I'll miss Johnny. What's worse is Azinger is replacing him. Would much rather it have been Strange.

Bill Haas is playing the Waste Management Open on a sponsor's exemption; so, it appears that he has resisted using his one time one year tour exemption for making the top 50 all-time on the money list. Could be wrong, but think that the number of sponsor's exemptions a player can use in a single season is limited (used to be 7). I believe this would be his 3rd tournament this year on a sponsor's exemption (not counting his tournament's this past Fall when he received an injury exemption).

In Curtis' defense, he and the rest of us learned that Tiger was sui generus for about a dozen years and did things during that period that not even Nicklaus did during a similar period. And I think a lot of the older guys really resented him, including Curtis. But who cares what Curtis thought in 1996. He's still a better booth guy than Azinger.

Pilch, we're all rooting for Bill, but he hasn't looked the same as before the crash. I hope he's able to get it back, but at least he's had a nice career to date, and that fedex thing should help take care of him for life.

Last edited:
Bill has earned 30 million dollars on the golf course. Not Including club/sponsorship deals, corporate stuff etc. He should be more than set if he never cashes another PGA check again.

Bryson wins by 7 in Dubai with tournament record -24.

Revolutionizing the sport.

Great player and by all accounts a really nice guy, but the only thing he is revolutionizing is the increased need to combat slow play. He is brutally slow.

Sergio was DQed from the Euro Tour Saudi event for damaging a couple of greens. A COUPLE!? The players behind
him complained about having to play on the damaged greens. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anything like that.

Sergio was DQed from the Euro Tour Saudi event for damaging a couple of greens. A COUPLE!? The players behind
him complained about having to play on the damaged greens. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anything like that.

Some reports say five greens. WTF?

Should be suspended for at least a couple months.

WTF did Sergio do to damage 5 greens? Take a club and dig into the greens?

Saw the last 3 holes over breakfast. DJ had a clutch bogey putt on 16 before piping those last 2 drives. Impressive. That said, and I don't often agree with Chamblee, but I agree with him and many of the other commentators this week that it was a poor and tone deaf choice for Pelley to take the pay day and play in Saudi Arabia at this time.

WTF did Sergio do to damage 5 greens? Take a club and dig into the greens?

Saw the last 3 holes over breakfast. DJ had a clutch bogey putt on 16 before piping those last 2 drives. Impressive. That said, and I don't often agree with Chamblee, but I agree with him and many of the other commentators this week that it was a poor and tone deaf choice for Pelley to take the pay day and play in Saudi Arabia at this time.

Good piece on tour pros taking the big appearance fee from a Saudi Arabia: https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2019/...-golf-european-tour-brooks-koepka-justin-rose

Back