• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Good piece on tour pros taking the big appearance fee from a Saudi Arabia: https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2019/...-golf-european-tour-brooks-koepka-justin-rose

It's a bad look for the players, but I still fault Pelley the most.

Meanwhile, we have a great final group in Fowler, Kucher and Thomas, and they're all taking gas right about now. I get that it rained last night and is misting today, but that usually means the greens are softer so the guys can go pin hunting. And plenty of other guys are under par for the day, but the leaders have had an awful front 9. Not a great look, especially for Fowler who has a rep for not being a closer. He needs this more than Kucher and Thomas.

That was a bizarre hole. Extra penalty for the ball rolling back into the water after he placed it? That sucks. Now plus 5 on the day.

I can't remember a tournament where there were 4 leaders of significant stature who all played so poorly. I mean Ricky chipped 1 over a green into the water, and Grace chipped 1 over a green into a bunker. And as soon as Grace got the lead, he hooked it into the water on 17. Ricky at least recovered to birdies on 15 and 17 after 2 great shots in on those holes, but he had a lot of awful swings yesterday. Good thing for him that he was still putting out his ass.

Apparently, Pelley isn't going to suspend Sergio, or at least that was the word this a.m. on TGC. Pelley isn't having the best of weeks.

I can't remember a tournament where there were 4 leaders of significant stature who all played so poorly. I mean Ricky chipped 1 over a green into the water, and Grace chipped 1 over a green into a bunker. And as soon as Grace got the lead, he hooked it into the water on 17. Ricky at least recovered to birdies on 15 and 17 after 2 great shots in on those holes, but he had a lot of awful swings yesterday. Good thing for him that he was still putting out his ass.

Apparently, Pelley isn't going to suspend Sergio, or at least that was the word this a.m. on TGC. Pelley isn't having the best of weeks.

Yeah, but the Sunday at the freakin' Waste Management was 50 times more exciting that the Super Bowl. Rickie's blow up and subsequent recovery was amazing television. I'm happy for the guy, because I'm not sure he recovers if he doesn't hang on to win after getting a 5 shot lead.

Yeah, but the Sunday at the freakin' Waste Management was 50 times more exciting that the Super Bowl. Rickie's blow up and subsequent recovery was amazing television. I'm happy for the guy, because I'm not sure he recovers if he doesn't hang on to win after getting a 5 shot lead.

Not disagreeing that it wasn't good TV in the same way that train wrecks are good TV, and it was way better than the SB. I'm not a Rickie fan, but I was glad he won. Especially after Grace choked immediately after getting the lead. Onto beautiful Pebble. I love this 4 week stretch of 3 gorgeous courses and the 1 rowdy week of the year.

A lot of people hate on this tournament due to the pro-am, and I think we might have had this argument last year. The length of the rounds are rough, but I otherwise love it. Awesome courses, some pretty cool celebs showing how hard golf is, typically good weather (recently at least). Makes for a very relaxing watch on what is usually a weekend to lay low in the dead of winter after the SB.

I get what you are saying but Grace didn't play poorly. He shot 2 under, made 4 birdies and 2 bogeys and hooked one drive that cost him a stroke. That isn't playing poorly, especially when he beats the scoring avg of the field by at least a few shots.

I get what you are saying but Grace didn't play poorly. He shot 2 under, made 4 birdies and 2 bogeys and hooked one drive that cost him a stroke. That isn't playing poorly, especially when he beats the scoring avg of the field by at least a few shots.

Grace played well until he got the lead. Then he hit his tee shot in the water and chipped it over the green on 17 and blocked his drive into a tough spot on 18.

Mickelson’s tee time was 12:39 eastern. It’s now 5:30 and he still has three holes to play. I don’t know how these guys deal with the length of rounds at this tournament.

Nice to see Phil keep his 3 stroke lead and win by 3 today! One helluva last round shooting a 65!

Back